Golden Princess - questions about cabin location

Luckysll

Looking for a little help choosing a cabin.

I've found a great solo rate for the Golden Princess to Alaska for an obstructed oceanview.

The cabins I'm looking at are E607 and E420, both on deck 8. I'd, obviously, prefer a cabin that does not have a lot of music or noises below it. E607 is less expensive than E420, and I'm leaning toward it, but if E420 is quieter, then I'll go with that one.

Anyone have any experience with either cabin? Recommendations for other cabins nearby?

Check out this site for a picture of your obstructed cabin:

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/golden-grand-star-princess/cabins-401--425

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/golden-grand-star-princess/cabins-601--633

E420 is very mid-ship and a good location (near elevators). The reason E607 is less expensive is because it is more aft. Are any of the E402-E411 cabins open?

E420 is above the shops and the Piazza. E607 looks like it is above the Wheelhouse (evening dance music). I have never stayed on the Emerald deck, but am doubtful that much noise will drift upwards. The Promenade Deck is below you, but I don't think you will hear much from walkers.

Both views look pretty good. How much (per day) is the difference? I prefer midship to forward but you will have many who prefer aft.

Lucky you to have found a solo fare that is reasonable. You will have a great time. The Golden is a lovely ship. Plus you will have Dave Cole as your cruise director.

Renee

Check out this site for a picture of your obstructed cabin:

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/golden-grand-star-princess/cabins-401--425

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/golden-grand-star-princess/cabins-601--633

E420 is very mid-ship and a good location (near elevators). The reason E607 is less expensive is because it is more aft. Are any of the E402-E411 cabins open?

E420 is above the shops and the Piazza. E607 looks like it is above the Wheelhouse (evening dance music). I have never stayed on the Emerald deck, but am doubtful that much noise will drift upwards. The Promenade Deck is below you, but I don't think you will hear much from walkers.

Both views look pretty good. How much (per day) is the difference? I prefer midship to forward but you will have many who prefer aft.

Lucky you to have found a solo fare that is reasonable. You will have a great time. The Golden is a lovely ship. Plus you will have Dave Cole as your cruise director.

Renee

Thanks for the reply. The price difference is really not much of a factor - only about $25 total for the 7 days.

I just have to work out some other logistics before I book. I have a short land trip planned that would get me home on a Friday and the cruise leaves on a Sunday. The price is actually lower than any other cruise line for the same time, so I'm really tempted.

I would go in a heartbeat...except that I also have other plans that really interfere with these great prices. The savings make up for the airfare.

Hope you have an opportunity to take advantage of this cruise.

Renee

Archived