LAFFNVEGAS LIVE from the Zuiderdam to Alaska (version 2013)

LAFFNVEGAS

We are doing it again, we are repeating the exact same cruise we did last year by starting with the 4 day repositioning of the Zuiderdam sailing from San Diego to Vancouver with a Port stop in Victoria BC. Then continuing on sailing to Alaska for 7 days. The main reason for the repeat is that we really like Alaska and it is close to home to get to San Diego. The other nice thing is there are several that sailed with us last year that have rejoined, then there are several new CCers that were not sailing with us last year but we have had fun planning on the Roll Calls for the two cruises. The only unfortunate part is I was hoping that a good friend who works for HAL might again be on this sailing but I knew early on he would not but I learned a long time ago that one cannot plan cruises based on who will be on the ship.

I normally wait till we get to the airport to start the Live from but the picture from the web cam was Stunning! I also expected her to be docked on the other side so that the Solstice could dock but happy to see the Zuiderdam :cool:

I see that my Ship has arrived :)

1367913795142088.jpg

1367913795142088.jpg.9d92bfc3be888405aea81e2d7e4d42fb.jpg

Have a wonderful time. I would have never thought of the repositioning cruise to add to the Alaska cruise. That is genius and definitely something to keep in mind.

Nice surprise to see the Zuiderdam docked in the first postion.

See you in San Diego :D

Melodie, I was surprised as well but happy surprised :)

I got a text a hour ago that our flight has been delayed 40 minutes so will be getting to the terminal a bit later than planned. We are about to head to the airport now so guess I will shut down my computer.

See you soon :)

Enjoy your cruise Lisa and Tom.

Thanks Ine :)

Have a wonderful time. I would have never thought of the repositioning cruise to add to the Alaska cruise. That is genius and definitely something to keep in mind.

Sage this is our 2nd year to do this, it makes an Alaska cruise just a bit longer which we like.:cool:

Have a Safe flight and cruise to all on the 4 day repositioning, You have a safe cruise to Vancouver and I am so looking forward to being back aboard my favorite ship and meeting all of you on the ship!!!

See ya in 3 days!!!

Joanie

We've never done an Alaska cruise, but your "Live" reports always make us feel like we are right there with you... so when we finally get there, it may just seem like our second time! :)

Bon Voyage, Lisa and Tom!

Have a Safe flight and cruise to all on the 4 day repositioning, You have a safe cruise to Vancouver and I am so looking forward to being back aboard my favorite ship and meeting all of you on the ship!!!

See ya in 3 days!!!

Joanie

Ahemm, Joanie - think we have 4 days until we board. See ya soon. :)

For those that do not know Tom and I we are now in our very late 50's and we have been cruising a lot since our first cruise in March 2002, since then we have done about 36 cruises most of which have been on HAL but we frequent NCL and have cruise RCI, Celebrity and Princess. Our second cruise we ever took was on the Holland America Zuiderdam in April 2003 (still in her Inaugural year) and last year was our return to the ship after 9 years so this make it our third time almost 10 years years to the date of our first voyage on her.

This will be our 10th cruise to Alaska, what can I say we really do like cruising to Alaska. I love the Ocean Wild Life and there is an abundance of that to see in the in the Upper NW Pacific Coast.

My Live from threads always start out about the same, we are sitting in Terminal C of Mc Carren International Airport waiting for our SW flight to take us to San Diego.

We are at the C gates but totally planned in using my iPad but I cannot get logged into the airport wifi website. On my net book I just went to Internet explorer and it would pop up. Not doing that with iPad. I even went in and changed the wifi to Mc Carran.

Our flight time is still saying estimated for 9:40 for departure. Not really sure what that means.

The drive to the airport was pretty in eventful SW ticketing is always fast and easy.

Since I am typing on the phone I will sign off for now.

Ahemm, Joanie - think we have 4 days until we board. See ya soon. :)

I know, but according to our Countdown Clocks that say, 3 days 12 hours 56 minutes 50 seconds:) Look at yours also:D

I like that better than the actual 4 days:)

I have just 2 days until we start that way. Fly to Seattle on Thursday, drive to Vancouver on Friday and get on the ship Saturday:)

CANNOT WAIT!!!

Joanie

Melodie, I was surprised as well but happy surprised :)

I got a text a hour ago that our flight has been delayed 40 minutes so will be getting to the terminal a bit later than planned. We are about to head to the airport now so guess I will shut down my computer.

See you soon :)

We're just waiting on a load of cloths being dried, the car service to come pick us up in another 30 mins, and we'll be on our way too.:D

I am excited to follow along with you. Will be doing the same itinerary on the Volendam on July 24. We opted for the Wed. departure and less ships in port - hard decision since I've spent many happy hours on the Zuiderdam.

Just finishing up lunch in the Lido. The sign of a good cruise is when you walk into the Lido and the Wine Steward walks up and remembers your name ;) Of course I had to order a glass of wine. We got in a bit late but saw our friend David working at the San Diego airport. Then brought the shuttle to the pier and check in went fairly quick.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367956544.941321.jpg.a2f95f752baaae90b34d0616ada488dc.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367956612.586888.jpg.97d0f9389dfd949a2259894571019f37.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367956574.670430.jpg.a653ae09c26e3a9fa530efe8e42a83a2.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367956595.791463.jpg.0a6fc0ed681f92eb94f0f957fd105a35.jpg

Bon Voyage to all of you, and I hope the seas are calmer than last year - the weather here in Vancouver is fabulous right now, and the weatherman says it's going to be nice right through the weekend.:)

Archived