Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You - 2013 version

Someone told me that they add up the value of each item in the bar set up and ask for the equivalent of what they would rather have. I don't know if this is true or not, but, since I don't drink most of whats in there, I may try on my upcoming cruise.

I have given mine away or had a few people in the share appetizers and the hard stuff. lol

I know you can swap the bottles of alcohol you don't drink for ones that you do I've done it.

Your Captain's Circle status is based on one of two things: 1) number of cruises, or 2) number of nights at sea. We hit the 150 night level (Elite status) after 10 cruises, instead of after 15 cruises. We like the longer cruises :)

That's true, as most of mine were longer cruises, but now you will have to hit 31 cruises to reach the next plateau for receiving any additional perks for obc. (yes, I know about b2b and solo getting extra)

This was just a bit of information. I'm glad to receive the perks I get, and the stock obc, but, it just seems like a long way off to hit that 31 cruises for the next level . Live too far to do, 1,2,3, or 4 days. lol to add more credits and a faster way to get there.

Edited by gardener718

Someone told me that they add up the value of each item in the bar set up and ask for the equivalent of what they would rather have. I don't know if this is true or not, but, since I don't drink most of whats in there, I may try on my upcoming cruise.

I have given mine away or had a few people in the share appetizers and the hard stuff. lol

Based on the Elite benefits FAQs for the minibar it's only 1 bottle of wine valued at about $32 unlike the complete minibar or 2 coffee cards worth over $60.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38350864&postcount=1

Does anybody know why this applies only to those countries. I served in the military for almost 2 years in the Netherlands and as far as I know Holland is part of the same alliance as the USA, Canada, UK, NZ, and Australia.

Should I just apply for this benefit and see what happens?

Theo

Originally it was only for USA & Canada and Princess added the UK, NZ & AUS so not sure about how they decide who qualifies.

Based in the MOBC form your service would not qualify & it's up to you whether to apply knowing you're not eligible.

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf

FYI...If your submitting a copy of your DD214 , US military discharge paper, make sure your Social Security Number is whited out.

On my latest reservation Princess already had a record of my DD214 and my TA also has a record.

Tom:)

My husband faxed all his paper work for the Military discount many weeks ago. Is there somewhere I can check to see if they are giving him the discount?

Someone told me that they add up the value of each item in the bar set up and ask for the equivalent of what they would rather have.

If you trade the mini bar for soda, they give you for-for-one

by item, not by dollar value.

Huge loss.

My husband faxed all his paper work for the Military discount many weeks ago. Is there somewhere I can check to see if they are giving him the discount?

If you booked directly with Princess it will be shown on your invoice...if using a TA they should be able to confirm that it has been issued.

Also if you sign in to "My Princess" go to Circle Savings Account's "View Details". Under the "Onboard Credits" tab you'll see this after it's approved & it should show up automatically even when getting an online quote.

Military Benefits

08/30/11

Sail By 12/31/99

Active

$50.00 (USD) to $250.00 (USD)

It's been available for the last 20 months & it's sad that your TA gave you bad information. The TA should have simply contacted Princess or checked their website to provide an accurate answer. :(

It's suppose to be received at least 14 days before sailing & take about 7 days to process. You may want to email or call them a week before sailing because I've had them expedite requests if possible. Originally we had to apply each time but now it has to only be done the first time. :)

The Mil. OBC has been around for a long time. I first used it in 2011 after leaning of it on our Panama Canal Cruise in '10. The amount is just like the Stock OBC and depends on the length of the cruise. The split point is 14/15 night cruises, with 14 being $100 and 15+ being $250. Just send them a copy of your DD214 with the SS number blacked out and then be sure and check with them in the middle of your cruise. Once I had to produce the approval letter and my DD214 because the ship had not received the info. They checked with the home office and all was good.:)

We take copies of everything to do with a trip in a file with us. Always helps when questions arise.;)

Oops! Sorry for repeating some of the info, I had not read all the pages.:o

Edited by Holomoku

Does anybody know why this applies only to those countries. I served in the military for almost 2 years in the Netherlands and as far as I know Holland is part of the same alliance as the USA, Canada, UK, NZ, and Australia.

Theo

Give it a try, can't hurt!:D

Oops! Sorry for repeating some of the info, I had not read all the pages.:o

It's a great summary & sure that it'll be helpful to those who are new to the MOBC program which both of us have been enjoying since it was first implemented. :D

I used my Hawaiian dictionary I use here in Maui to learn the meaning of your CC name which is very appropriate...Sailor, passenger, anyone who sails; to sail, take a sail or ocean trip. hoʻo.holo.moku To sail. :cool:

Edited by Astro Flyer

Theo

Sounds like it is for active or retired (20yr service) or disabled. I looked it up since my husband was in for 12 yr. Doesn't sound like he qualifies. I may call though if we book something.

Sounds like it is for active or retired (20yr service) or disabled. I looked it up since my husband was in for 12 yr. Doesn't sound like he qualifies. I may call though if we book something.

I was under the impression that honorable discharge would qualify people. You ay want to talk to Princess before giving up.

I was under the impression that honorable discharge would qualify people. You ay want to talk to Princess before giving up.

While the site states the 20 yr etc, I did just call and they said any DD214, it's worth a try I guess. Thanks

Copied from Princess site: "Veterans with an honorable discharge serving a minimum of 2 years or 6 months in an active war zone , or an educational discharge"

Copied from Princess site: "Veterans with an honorable discharge serving a minimum of 2 years or 6 months in an active war zone , or an educational discharge"

Thanks. I guess he just got confused when reading about the active war part and 20 retired.

Edited by sept10dsm

But after that the Princess form goes on to say if within 90 days of separation date, that's what I was basing my thoughts on. So is the 90 day threshold for the education discharge or all 3. When calling they say he qualifies time will tell.

But after that the Princess form goes on to say if within 90 days of separation date, that's what I was basing my thoughts on. So is the 90 day threshold for the education discharge or all 3. When calling they say he qualifies time will tell.

If you were in for 2 years and got an Hon. Dis. you qualify. Just send in your DD214 and then take a copy on your cruise with you in case the ship does not get the information. It is really a no hassle item.:D

It's a great summary & sure that it'll be helpful to those who are new to the MOBC program which both of us have been enjoying since it was first implemented. :D

I used my Hawaiian dictionary I use here in Maui to learn the meaning of your CC name which is very appropriate...Sailor, passenger, anyone who sails; to sail, take a sail or ocean trip. hoʻo.holo.moku To sail. :cool:

You're the first to look it up and my Geocaching name is Ho'ohuli. I'm looking over at you right now from Waikoloa on the Big Island.

Mahalo for your service and maybe we'll be on the same cruise one day?:)

Edited by Holomoku

The way I read it the 90 days only applies to educational discharges because most of us qualified well after 90 days after being discharged.

http://www.princess.com/military_benefit_program/#.UcSRp2S9Kc0

The way I read it the 90 days only applies to educational discharges because most of us qualified well after 90 days after being discharged.

http://www.princess.com/military_benefit_program/#.UcSRp2S9Kc0

Thanks. I guess the top of the form leads one to think you must be active, retired 20, or disabled. If just for anyone discharged, I wonder why the list? we will try and post with our experience! I wasn't trying to cause an issue, just a clarification! So I assume some have received this OBC as you say? THANK YOU all again!!!:)

If you were in for 2 years and got an Hon. Dis. you qualify. Just send in your DD214 and then take a copy on your cruise with you in case the ship does not get the information. It is really a no hassle item.:D

I agree! We just found out about the Military benefit in march, and applied for it. My husband served 4 years in the Army, including one year in Vietnam. We printed out the form, filled it out, and checked the box "Veterans with an honorable discharge", faxed it with his DD214 to them. Simple! I might add that nothing showed up on "My Princess", so I called them, and they told me the on board credit has been applied. :)

We have never been on any Princess ship where they had the International Cafe, and we are looking forward to it.:)

What is your "favorite" item to get from this cafe? I understand it is all FREE, is that correct?