"Live from" ms Volendam to Alaska! My First HAL Experience

I took one more shoG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8414/8982463274_92dea82e12_b.jpg[/img]

Once everyone was seated, I picked up the ship tile for the first time, and opened it for all to see:

8981271753_84e737c880_b.jpg

Ooo, interesting! (:

At this time, the servers began taking our orders (talk about fast! o_o give us a minute, will you?) I quickly took menu pictures before they'd take it away:

8981292075_47ef82b940_b.jpg

I was actually somewhat disappointed with the lack of choice regarding what we could eat. We all took a quick scan of the menu & ordered whatever, already assuming that today's lunch would probably be better than this one. We would later go upstairs to find out that we were right.

Well, I'll get back to that.

Something else that was nicely placed at our table upon arrival were these pretty glasses of champagne. Yes, indeed it is true that Sis & I cannot drink it but still, makes for a nice picture ^^

8982487566_8ca0cd7ea2_b.jpg

Our parents & Bro seemed to like it though c:

As we awaited the arrival of our food, I pulled the tile out of its case to check out what the actual thing looked like. I leaned it against my landscape lens that I had sitting on the table.

8981295125_73f64a1494_b.jpg

As I took it out, I noticed a little piece of folded up paper behind the tile. It was a certificate of authenticity. Wow HAL, pretty good ;) Good idea too.

As we waited, Bro & Sis started chomping on some bread. Meh, might as well take a shot, right?

8982488996_9563a5938f_b.jpg

They seemed to enjoy it enough. c:

My Family comes from a European background so when I was your age I was introduced to Champagne such as Dom Perrignon and good Red and White Wines and ever since love it along with dark beers(:.

• 4 weeks later...
My Family comes from a European background so when I was your age I was introduced to Champagne such as Dom Perrignon and good Red and White Wines and ever since love it along with dark beers(:.

Haha, I think my taste has yet to mature (: I have a very low tolerance for bitter things, so even when offered different alcoholic beverages by family, I still politely decline :D :D

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Another great report by Sarah!!! You do such an awesome job. You have to go on a cruise again soon because I now have to read your older Alaskan review and then I have nothing to read. *hiccup sob*...

Love how in-depth your reviews are. You give me great ideas for our upcoming Adventure of the Seas cruise. I will probably drive my hubby batty though by taking that many pictures! GREAT job!

Mary

Another great report by Sarah!!! You do such an awesome job. You have to go on a cruise again soon because I now have to read your older Alaskan review and then I have nothing to read. *hiccup sob*...

Love how in-depth your reviews are. You give me great ideas for our upcoming Adventure of the Seas cruise. I will probably drive my hubby batty though by taking that many pictures! GREAT job!

Mary

Thank you!! :) Thank you very much! LOL Don't worry, I'm still updating my Disney one! I'm sorry if it takes a while, but I do the best I can!

I'm glad you enjoy reading my reports ^^ Haha have fun on your upcoming cruise! Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, yeah so i just had this revelation. You know how in the beginning of the report, I complained about how their iced tea was shockingly unsweet? Yeah, so apparently my shock was simply due to the fact that I am Canadian-born. :D :D I just learned today that apparently in the U.S., (unlike Canada), when you order iced tea at a restaurant, you will literally get ice + tea. Americans differentiate 'iced tea' vs 'sweet tea'. Here in Canada, we only have sweetened iced tea (typically Nestlé brand iced tea). I've literally never had unsweetened iced tea prior to that experience o_o. I had no idea that cultural difference existed between Canada and the U.S. Well, the more you know! ;)

• 8 months later...