What is the earlist flight that you have had outof San Juan?

Hello...We have flown out of San Juan back home on several occasions and every flight we have taken back has left between 11:45-AM-2-PM. Most of the time, the ship have disembarked by about 8:30, even though last October, it started to let people off at 8:10-AM. I do know that if you are a Platinum or Diamond member, there is a special lounge for you to wait in before getting off the ship and the ship will let you off first which guarantees getting to the airport in time. Even if you book a noon flight on your own and let guest relations know about it once you get on board, odds are that you will get a special colored ticket to get off in time. I would also advise even if you have transfers back to the airport from the cruiseline, it is much faster to take a cab tot he airport.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dave

douglash-just a little OT but we too live in SI. Westerleigh to be exact :)

Crusing Serenade 4/8/06 and can't wait!

I've known only one Doug and don't even think he and his wife live on SI anymore. His last name started with K.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi :)

I found that there are very few early flights out of San juan. The problem is you have to wait for the planes to arrive to get back on them. Not many spent night in San Juan most planes come in from other departure sites. San juan was a night mare I would have to think twice about cruising out of there again just for that reason

In November we disembarked very early from Empress and made a 9:45am flight from San Juan to St. Thomas. We originally had a 11:45 am but were told by Cape Air that if we were there earlier they could possibly get us on an earlier flight or if we were later, no problem. (They leave every hour) We were there sooner and they did. We were in St. Thomas at 10:20 am...to take the ferry to St. John for an extended trip...

The year before we had a 3:00 PM flight from San Juan to Newark, were off the ship at 8:30 am and spent the early part of the day at the Marriott..left there about 1:00..bell captain held our luggage (we had stayed there pre-cruise)...had early lunch and a few drinks. Wouldn't have wanted to go sightseeing...just hanging out at the Marriott was fine..

Thanks, thats a good idea. Did they let you use the pool or anything? Did they charge you a day rate? Our flight is at 2PM so, if we are off by 7:30-8AM, we would only have 4 hours. Any suggestions on what we could do?

My brother made a 10:30 flight out of San Juan...no problem. If you have an early flight, they have those passengers meet EARLY (lounge or theater) like at 7 or 7:30 am so that they have enough time to catch their flights.

They did not charge us to stay. We really didn't want to use the pool since we were all packed and showered. We did take a walk on the beach and sat by the pool.

Just tell the bell captain that you would like to have lunch, breakfast, whatever and will be there for a few hours. Shouldn't be a problem...

Archived