Captain's Table

yogimax

I'm not sure how it's done now. Seems like I heard that it had to do with big spenders and such.

I was invited once on the Celebrity Horizon. It was on a trip from Norfolk to Bermuda and the water was very rough and I was the only one at our table one night. The hostess felt sorry for me, I guess, and came and sat with me for most of the dinner and the next day there was an invitation to the Captain's Table. I guess it was a "pity" invitation. :cool: But, back then, you could get an invite if you particularly impressed the hostess or certain of the ship's officers.

Now I think it's more big bucks than personality or compatibility.

I'm not sure how it's done now. Seems like I heard that it had to do with big spenders and such.

I was invited once on the Celebrity Horizon. It was on a trip from Norfolk to Bermuda and the water was very rough and I was the only one at our table one night. The hostess felt sorry for me' date=' I guess, and came and sat with me for most of the dinner and the next day there was an invitation to the Captain's Table. I guess it was a "pity" invitation. :cool: But, back then, you could get an invite if you particularly impressed the hostess or certain of the ship's officers.

Now I think it's more big bucks than personality or compatibility.[/quote']

Just curious as to what you mean by "hostess." The Maitre d' or someone in the loyalty department?

Archived