FLL Hotel Help - Surrounding areas

vegasglitz

Hello,

Looking for a pre-cruise hotel with reasonable rates (under $200 per night) during spring break (3/14/14) in the surrounding area of Fort Launderdale.

Can anyone reccommend a nice area to stay within 10-20 miles from the beach or port area. We have 7 adults in our cruise party and if the hotel has a shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to port that would be a huge plus...we will be renting a car for the day.

Thanks...Deb

Hello,

Looking for a pre-cruise hotel with reasonable rates (under $200 per night) during spring break (3/14/14) in the surrounding area of Fort Launderdale.

Can anyone reccommend a nice area to stay within 10-20 miles from the beach or port area. We have 7 adults in our cruise party and if the hotel has a shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to port that would be a huge plus...we will be renting a car for the day.

Thanks...Deb

Consider "Holywood" Area - Great Hotels - Great Rates

Google Best Western, Stirling Road, Dania Beach. We have stayed there twice pre-cruise, very reasonable, and includes breakfast. They have a shuttle to pick you up at the airport providing it's before 11 pm, and also run a shuttle to the cruise terminal in the am, which I believe you pay for, but it's inexpensive. Very close to the cruise port so if you have a number of people in your party you could call a cab and ask for a minivan if they have them and it probably would be cheaper.

March is a expensive time of year. We just reserved 8 rooms 3/15 to 17 2014 BestWestern Plus 135.00 shuttle to ship 5.00 person

Which BestWestern Plus? (Stirling Rd in Dania Beach, or SR 84 in Fort Lauderdale)?

• 6 months later...
Hello,

Thanks...Deb

Go to www.Sunny.org and look for places in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea. My girlfriend and I rode our bikes up through there yesterday and I had forgotten how many gorgeous little quaint mom and pop inns. Really nice, cheaper than Fort Lauderdale and most have efficiency kitchens and are either on the beach or close walking distance. All have great character plus there are some great restaurants up there.

The only places that will offer shuttle from the airpot are those hotels near the airport. Since you are looking for multiple rooms during peak time, I would not hold back anytime soon on booking. And definitely not limit yourself to free shuttles. A couple cabs will do the trick.

If you are renting a car...why do you need a shuttle?