Why has Celebrity cancelled Sitka?

frogsgirl

Just had an itinerary change for Solstice September 2014 (like planning ahead!) & Sitka has been removed:( slightly disappointed & wondered if anyone had any idea why this is the case, I thought Sitka had a new dock.:confused:

I'm searching other cruise lines now as this was one of the ports that attracted us to the later in the season cruise, if anyone has any info on other cruise lines visiting Sitka I would appreciate your comments/thoughts.

J

I'm searching other cruise lines now as this was one of the ports that attracted us to the later in the season cruise, if anyone has any info on other cruise lines visiting Sitka I would appreciate your comments/thoughts.

Check out the NCL Pearl, May 8, 2014 - Click here to see the page. It actually looks like a great itinerary.

Your sailing date is well over a year away. Things change.

Nooooo! in my head it's only a tiny bit over a year away :) & yes I hope they change their mind but would like to know the reason.

Check out the NCL Pearl, May 8, 2014

Sitka is WONDERFUL, my favorite. On a return trip, we spent four days there.

I wouldn't trust ANYTHING NCL tells you. I booked on them JUST BECAUSE they had Sitka as a port. When we boarded they didn't even tell passengers that they were NOT going to Sitka.

After we got home, I learned here on CC that they had CANCELLED Sitka as a port for the ENTIRE SEASON on June 3rd. They kept "selling" the cruise showing Sitka as a port. BEWARE NCL.;) (We went the first week of Sept.)

Just had an itinerary change for Solstice September 2014 (like planning ahead!) & Sitka has been removed:( slightly disappointed & wondered if anyone had any idea why this is the case, I thought Sitka had a new dock.:confused:

How did you find out? Celebrity are showing it now without Sitka, but TA's in Australia still showing it with. I guess go with Celebrity, their pages should be the most up to date. Disappointed because that is one of the reasons we were looking at it. Probably will still do that one, but atleast we have heaps of time to decide - haven't booked anything yet.

Oh bummer! We are booked on that sailing too. And yes, one of the reason we chose it was because of the call in Sitka. I too might have to rethink this one. Did you receive an e-mail?

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the X Solstice for the Sept 2014 11N Alaskan/Pacific Coast cruise too.

Found out today (by chance) that Sitka had been removed from the itineray (way disapointed).

Tried to find out from X but to no avail, aparantly no one knows why anything is done there.

I am going to send e-mail to the President of X to voice my displeasure and will being to look at HAL as an alternative as they do a 14N Alaskan cruise (which we did in 2010) that not only still goes to Sitka but goes up the Cooks Inlet to Anchorage, Homer and Kodiak Island.

Problem is they only do it a couple times in 2014, It's a bit expensive and 14N is a fair bit of time to be on ship and away from the "real world".

Archived