Cabin allocated - Infinity Ocean view Continental Deck 2056

Flo71

I booked a guarantee ov and have been allocated cabin 2056 on Continental deck.

I have looked at deck plans and it is a fairly forward cabin, low deck, with cabins above.

So good things are: less movement due to being low, cabins above so hopefully not too much noise.

What I see as cons are: will there be a lot of motion as it is forward? Will we seem very far from everywhere as it is such a low deck? How do I found out what is underneath this deck or is it the lowest?

Is there somewhere to check whether it is an obstructed view?

The cruise is a 10 night cruise to Norway, to upgrade to a balcony gty would be $500 roughly, wondering if this would be worth it?

thanks in advance, Flo

I can't say about obtructed views but since you have now got cabin #2056 [Category 7]I would call Celebrity to see if they have any category 7's that are better than yours. Celebrity and Royal Carribean are great to allow you to move to a better location, once you have been assigned a category and cabin. If the 500.00 additional is for 2, I would change to balcony guarantee but that's just me. It would definately affect my decision for a 10 day cruise. 10 days in a cabin in a poor location would affect my cruise experience overall.

From what I can tell there are only cat 7 cabins on deck 2 so a change of deck doesn't seem possible. I have researched the deck and it would seem that its quiet. Not sure if where it is too far forward, it seems to be just foward of midship. I am fine with the movement onboard, hubby sometimes not so good but he'll survive.

We'll manage wherever we are, if many opinions are that deck 2 and cabin location is very poor then I would be tempted to upgrade to the veranda cabin but again that would be on a gty basis.

Underneath you will likely be crew quarters and/or the inner workings (mechanical, laundry, etc,) of the ship. If the upgrade is $500 for 2, I would go for it. If it is per person, might have to think about it in regards to the total cost of the cruise. That said, sitting on the balcony watching the fjords go by would be great.

Flo, if you upgrade will you get additional OBC which may offset the cost?

I don't know, hadn't thought about that. My final payment to Celebrity is due June 2, but TA want it May 22. I believe I can change with no penalty up to June 2.

Might email TA and see what they can do for me for a balcony cabin but as I said it would be a gty balcony.

Flo, if you upgrade will you get additional OBC which may offset the cost?

We just did Panama Canal in 2060, just a little further midships, and it was fine. I do not believe there are any obstructed OV cabins. EM

Thanks both, DH was happy when I said where cabin was as he suffers sometimes from motion sickness.

Archived