Rum Runners?

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with Rum Runners? Have you ever been caught? How do you pack them?

THANKS!

Pack them along side your shoes. Yes, they worked for me. We ended up not drinking anything that we brought. It was a waste of $.

I don't use them to smuggle booze onto the cruise ship.

DH uses a Bi-pap machine that requires distilled water in the humidifier. We usually spend at least one night, sometimes more prior to and after a cruise in a port, so we need the water in our hotel room. (The cruise line provides a gallon jug in the cabin).

I use rum runners to pack some distilled water in our checked baggage prior to our cruises. I also fill them when we are leaving a cruise and will stay in a hotel afterwards.

So much easier than wandering around strange cities in strange countries looking for the distilled water.

I have never had a leak in one, so they do travel well.

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with Rum Runners? Have you ever been caught? How do you pack them?

THANKS!

They worked great, no problems, the extra precaution I took was putting them in a ziplock bag just in case, but they were filled and tossed into my luggage mixed in with my clothes. Never got caught

I had a small suitcase that was just shoes and toiletries. I put 3 in there, each one inside a Ziploc bag just in case they leaked.

I didn't get caught and I only used a little bit once. It's just easier to buy the drinks at the bar. :D

Yeah, I don't think I'd drink what I brought on board, I was mainly just wondering what peoples experiences have been. I've considered getting them for past cruises (and the one coming up), but the more I think about it, I'd still have to go to the bar for the juice/soda, so I should just buy the drink.

I've brought them on my last two cruises with no problems. I just put them next to my shoes and I also use a zip lock bag. As with the others, I usually don't drink much of it and I just empty what is left down the drain. I like to have it in the room for a late night drink. I don't bring it to save money, simply to avoid leaving the room at night or while the wife is getting ready for dinner.

THANKS!

The thread was Rum Runners

Two bottles PYRAT CASK - 1 in each of first 2 cases - Small square wooden box -

Then two bottles of ZACAPA XO - small flat square box - 1 in each of the other 2 cases -

Job done -

never asked to go th the N Room.:)

A couple of weeks ago I packed 2 rum runners, each in a separate bag. When luggage arrived we were missing a bag... I kept saying it would be fine. We walked into the room after exploring the ship, and there was the message light on the phone... FLASH FLASH FLASH. Oh crap, I checked the message. Sure enough "Please come down to deck 1 to get your luggage, it is suspected to have "liquids" in it." I go down to deck one perfectly ready to give up the stash. She asks me "Do you have alcohol in your luggage?" My spur of the moment answer was... "Yes, No... Maybe, I don't know... I might, probably." :-) She promptly asks me to open the suitcase. I flip through the two piles of clothes in the bag, during which the rum runner came very apparently into view. I was caught... No. I quickly pulled out a bottle of hairspray that was right on top. "Maybe this is what they saw?" She seemed to agree with my conclusion and sent me on my way... with my rum runner still safely packed inside.

/FLAME SUIT ON

Oh, and by the way we still rang up a $1000+ bar tab between the 2 of us and only drank half of the contraband liquor.

I bring an empty rum runner. I bring an empty canvas six-pack cooler. I ask the wine steward to fill it with ice every morning. As Diamond+ we get wine as a perk. I have a non-drinker who gives me his wine. I pour the white wine into the rum runner and put it in the bottom of my cooler. I not only have plenty of ice for in-cabin iced tea, I have really chilled white wine, too.

Tucker in Texas

Archived