Boarding Today, Forgot Meds! Can we Get Them OnBoard?

Assuming OP is happily on board and enjoying the evening festivities by now:)

This past Feb DH forgot his Coumadin as well.:eek: We were in Fort Lauderdale and had it filled at a Walgreens in Dania without any problem.

Just this past week however, he got two calls from the Walgreens in Dania telling him that his prescriptions were ready for pick up!!!!!

The doctor's office called his scripts in and their automated system sent to to the last pharmacy that he used LOL! I told him we must go right away and pick them up !!;)

I think you need to catch a flight right away to get them. You don't want them to be re-shelved :p

This past Feb DH forgot his Coumadin as well.:eek: We were in Fort Lauderdale and had it filled at a Walgreens in Dania without any problem.

Just this past week however, he got two calls from the Walgreens in Dania telling him that his prescriptions were ready for pick up!!!!!

The doctor's office called his scripts in and their automated system sent to to the last pharmacy that he used LOL! I told him we must go right away and pick them up !!;)

Sounds like a perfect excuse to justify a trip back to Florida!!!:D

Glad everything worked out for the OP!

But reading this thread got me to thinking. Suppose the OP could not get the prescription filled and checked in and went straight to the ship's Dr and told him/her that he did not have his Coumadin.

As others have pointed out, this is a serious medication that you cannot mess with. So, if the ship did not stock this (do they even have a mini pharmacy on board??) do you think the Dr would have denied him boarding? :confused:

Yes, I think we should do the right thing and head back to Fort Lauderdale!;)

I always do the packing, and even reminded my sweetie to get his meds. For some reason he didn't get the Coumadin :mad: I was really kind of livid.."how could you forget it???? Oh well, now we are even for the time I forgot to pack his Dockers and he had to wear his suit slacks every night for dinner:o

Coumadin is such a common medication, and there are processes that make it possible to get your prescription filled in an emergency as others have said and as we experienced. Now if it was a prescription for a controlled substance you might have more trouble. I bet the ship has it just like they have antibiotics and nitroglycerin tabs,but I'm sure it is really pricey. If it is available, no reason to deny boarding.

The doctor's office called his scripts in and their automated system sent to to the last pharmacy that he used LOL! I told him we must go right away and pick them up !!

Yes, I think we should do the right thing and head back to Fort Lauderdale!

I always do the packing, and even reminded my sweetie to get his meds. For some reason he didn't get the Coumadin :mad: I was really kind of livid.."how could you forget it???? Oh well, now we are even for the time I forgot to pack his Dockers and he had to wear his suit slacks every night for dinner:o

Coumadin is such a common medication, and there are processes that make it possible to get your prescription filled in an emergency as others have said and as we experienced. Now if it was a prescription for a controlled substance you might have more trouble. I bet the ship has it just like they have antibiotics and nitroglycerin tabs,but I'm sure it is really pricey. If it is available, no reason to deny boarding.

I would have absolutely used this a good excuse to book another cruise:D:o

I'm glad Michalgal is enjoying her cruise with her well coagulated husband!

I do three checks in the drive way...I physically look at 1- my passports, 2- any documents we need to sail/fly/enter a country and lastly, check for my daughters meds; ( shes the only one who takes anything) they are a controlled substance and would be very difficult to replace once we leave the state. Once I've checked those 3 things then we drive out of the drive way!

Archived