Accessible sky suite photos

guerchino

Thank you for the pictures! What deck is this on?

I must warn you of the accessible sky suites on deck 12 of the Solstice class. Unless your disability is hearing impaired, those cabins are terrible as they are directly under the galley kitchen and the area where they have the huge washing equipment. Believe me, you won't get a good nights sleep because of what sounds like trains in the ceiling with their huge rolling carts being banged all over. Not even ear plugs and a sound machine helped.

I must warn you of the accessible sky suites on deck 12 of the Solstice class. Unless your disability is hearing impaired, those cabins are terrible as they are directly under the galley kitchen and the area where they have the huge washing equipment. Believe me, you won't get a good nights sleep because of what sounds like trains in the ceiling with their huge rolling carts being banged all over. Not even ear plugs and a sound machine helped.

Ya know, we had heard so much about the noises in these cabins that we got a little worried before our cruise. We are late sleepers (very late sleepers) and we were never disturbed by noise in our cabin. We had sky suite 2130 and maybe it is not under one of these undesirable locations. I remember late one afternoon we were in our suite talking and I heard a faint sound that sounded like distant thunder, and I said to my DH, "is that thunder?".....we both held our breaths, listening for the sound to repeat and a little while later we heard it again. We went out on our balcony and there was not a cloud in the sky. We listened for it again, and it really was faint. We finally surmised that it must be the noise of the carts hitting the grout lines in the tile floors and we both heaved a sigh of relief that the noise we had been so vehemently warned about turned out to be inconsequential. Like I said, perhaps all of those accessible suites are not subject to the same noise level that kitty9 experienced.

The bed is low enough so as not to cause any problems.

Hopeful, I spoke to others in the same location, 2132 to 2140 and they all complained every night about the noise. Your cabin might have been far enough away from those infernal washing machines so that you didn't hear them. The couple in 2138 were so angry that the husband went up to the galley nearly every night to complain, to no avail.

Kitty, I've no doubt that there are some who have been disturbed by loud noises, otherwise why would they have mentioned that. However, we were on Silhouette, in Sky Suite 2130 and we did not have any problems. We have booked this same cabin next year. I would be interested if others who have stayed in 2130 specifically had noise issues. If not, then it may be note worthy that 2130 would be a good choice amongst the accessible suites, since we don't have much choice to begin with.

The bed is low enough so as not to cause any problems.

Hopeful, I spoke to others in the same location, 2132 to 2140 and they all complained every night about the noise. Your cabin might have been far enough away from those infernal washing machines so that you didn't hear them. The couple in 2138 were so angry that the husband went up to the galley nearly every night to complain, to no avail.

Thanks, Darcie. :)

We are booked in this suite in a few weeks....any pictures? Good/Bad/OK Did you have any trouble getting into Blu for dinner??? We gave up a brand new Aqua cabin 1133 for this suite. :eek:

• 5 years later...

I everyone, 

I am going on the Celebrity Equinox in about a month. It is a challenge to find pictures of accessible rooms - cruise or otherwise. Very frustrating to me, so it is apparent that it is frustrating to others. I am in the process of creating a review site for all my travels - hotels, resorts and cruises. I have a lot to add and also work full time, so it is a process. If you guys want to check it out, it is www.wheelsroundtheworldllc.com - Cruises I intend to add are my trip on the Solstice and upcoming trip on the Equinox. 

Jake

We were in accessible Sky Suite 2130 on our Baltic in 2015 on the Silhouette. We had absolutely no problem with any noise in this suite. We sailed at the end of May into the first week of June, Stockholm to Amsterdam on the 12 nighter. Much to our regret, it was so chilly that the only time we were able to use our magnificent balcony was on the overnight in St Petersburgh to watch the sunsetting in the west and the sun rising in the east simultaneously. Not the actualsun. Mind you, but twighlight on both sides. We also enjoyed our sailaway from Copenhagen until we pulled out into the open sea.

if I recall correctly, is there not a pole in the middle of the cabin, or am I thinking of the aft suite on the Reflection?

Edited by Knolmom
Sp