Summit boarding time?

puggylicious

What time have you been able to board the Summit recently?

If you are sailing out of Bayonne, I would get there at 11:00am, drop off the luggage, loop around to the parking lot, short walk to the terminal, go through security, check in, and you should be on board by 11:30 or so.

If you are sailing out of Bayonne, I would get there at 11:00am, drop off the luggage, loop around to the parking lot, short walk to the terminal, go through security, check in, and you should be on board by 11:30 or so.

I agree with Wine-O.

Only once were we not able to board Summit out of Bayonne (or maybe it was Constellation out of Bayonne) until after 1:00 PM because the previous cruise had a noro outbreak and they wanted to really clean the ship before they let anyone on.

I think they started boarding all of us around 1:30 PM.

Is the Bayonne port parking just for cruisers? We opted to just park at the port as opposed to pay over 270 dollars for shuttle from local hotel.

Our plan is to arrive at port at 11.

Thanks for all the help.

I don't know if it is just for cruisers or not, but I think only cruisers park there -- the cost is $19 a day.

We are staying right now at the Hampton Inn on Statten Island. What a really nice hotel. Free breakfast, clean rooms. They have a free shuttle to Bayonne. Free parking all week. Good prices.

The plan now is to leave my house at noon arriving in Bayonne by 12:30. Are there any problems with getting there at 12:30? Or do you just prefer getting there early? Just want to know so I can avoid any potential problems.

Debord can you share link?

Call and ask them for all the details and the price per night for parking and shuttle to/from the pier. Their website advertises $159.00

TEL: 1-718-477-1600

The plan now is to leave my house at noon arriving in Bayonne by 12:30. Are there any problems with getting there at 12:30? Or do you just prefer getting there early? Just want to know so I can avoid any potential problems.

That should work, but I think that would be a peak time, and there would be long lines to drop off luggage, check in, and farther distance to park the car.

Debord can you share link?

Hi Stellarose......google is your friend:)

www.hamptoninn.com or just click on the website link, type in Staten

Island and call the hotel directly or use the 800 toll free number.

Also, if you go to the East Coast Forum you will find tons of

hotel information over there...below is a link to that forum:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

That should work, but I think that would be a peak time, and there would be long lines to drop off luggage, check in, and farther distance to park the car.

Thanks. Getting a car service from my house - cheaper than parking :) Thanks for the advice -- I'll have to think about this!

This Hampton Inn is very nice but please call them. Not sure how many guests are still staying there that were affected by Hurricane Sandy. We were here a few months ago and hotel pretty much full from area residents still so we had a very noisy room with the highway behind us and have no clue how many people with kids in the room next to us that were very very loud at all hours.

Archived