Questions about HAL Asia cruise and climate

Sheik

Hi!

My wife and I would like to cruise in January / Februari 2014 in Asia. I have 3 questions about it. I hope you can help me.

Some info

The MS Volendam is sailing the itinerary as listed below at January 6. The MS Rotterdam is sailing the exact same itinerary at February 14 and 28. The only difference is that the Rotterdam is visiting Tanah Ampo (Bali) instead of Benoa (Bali).

Itinerary MS Volendam

Singapore

Relaxing day at sea

Tanjung Priok (Jakarta)

Semarang (Java)

Relaxing day at sea

Benoa (Bali)

Benoa (Bali)

Lembar (Lombok)

Komodo

Ujung Pandang (Sulawesi)

Relaxing day at sea

Probolinggo (Java)

Surabaya (Java)

Relaxing day at sea

Singapore

Questions

1. What do you prefer, Benoa or Tanah Ampo?

2. What do you prefer regarding dates (early January or mid/end Februari)?

3. I know that this period is rainy season. How is your experience in this period? Is it really that bad?

Thank you so much!

We sailed that itinary February this year. Go as late in the season as possible, since winter is the rainy season.One of the 2 days in Bali we had a lot of rain all day. The 2nd day it got dry in the afternoon.

Also the afternoon in Probolinggo was again very rainy.

We didnot have much sun, but temperatues were nice due to that. Not too hot, but it was very humid.

As the dock in Tanah Ampo was destroyed due a strong storm, also ms Rotterdam docked in Benoa. Most likely future sailings will go to Benoa because of that. For tours it doesnot really matter where you dock.

We had some HAL tours but also many private driver with car. Much cheaper (about E. 70.- per day, car could hold up to 6 persons), great way for sightseeing.

We loved this cruise.

Cruise is booked, thanks all!

Goede beslissing. Good decision. I have some contacts for private driver on some ports if you need this. We had good cars with good driver at a very good price. Een van die mannen sprak nederlands.

Haha Ine, also Dutch ;) You will do me a great favour if you can help my with this information. We've cruised 16 times with Azamara, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. The funny thing is, in september this year we will cruise for the first time with HAL The cruise in February will be our 2nd cruise with HAL, and guess what? Borh cruises with the MS Rotterdam and the same cabin number :))

Itinerary MS Volendam

Singapore

Relaxing day at sea

Tanjung Priok (Jakarta)

Semarang (Java)

Relaxing day at sea

Benoa (Bali)

Benoa (Bali)

Lembar (Lombok)

Komodo

Ujung Pandang (Sulawesi)

Relaxing day at sea

Probolinggo (Java)

Surabaya (Java)

Relaxing day at sea

Singapore

Questions

1. What do you prefer, Benoa or Tanah Ampo?

2. What do you prefer regarding dates (early January or mid/end Februari)?

3. I know that this period is rainy season. How is your experience in this period? Is it really that bad?

Thank you so much!

Wow, what an itinerary. Really! Never think to do this, but now, will be in my list. :p

Long time ago, before weather changing so much (every where of course), we learnt, any months ending with '-ber', it will be rainy season. Starts with September till December. But then, it doesn't matter anymore.

selamat jalan-jalan. veel plezier. enjoy your cruise.

Elsa

Haha Ine, also Dutch ;) You will do me a great favour if you can help my with this information. We've cruised 16 times with Azamara, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. The funny thing is, in september this year we will cruise for the first time with HAL The cruise in February will be our 2nd cruise with HAL, and guess what? Borh cruises with the MS Rotterdam and the same cabin number :))

Information on its way.

Dankjewel!!

Graag gedaan.

What I forgot to mention. In each port in Indonesia familymembers of the crew are waiting to meet them. Often they havenot seen each other for months. Of course all crew is very much looking forward to see them. Our cabinboy went home for the night in Bali (so we told him not to make our beds, so he would have more time). He was back the next morning at 5 am and very happy.

In Jakarta about 1500 familymembers were expected, some of them on board, some of them ashore where tents and chairs were set up for this.

The same - but less people in other ports.

Hi Sheik,

I hope you don't mind I am using this thread to ask somethings too. :p

What I forgot to mention. In each port in Indonesia familymembers of the crew are waiting to meet them. Often they havenot seen each other for months. Of course all crew is very much looking forward to see them. Our cabinboy went home for the night in Bali (so we told him not to make our beds, so he would have more time). He was back the next morning at 5 am and very happy.

In Jakarta about 1500 familymembers were expected, some of them on board, some of them ashore where tents and chairs were set up for this.

The same - but less people in other ports.

Thank you for sharing, Ine.

How long did you stay in Jakarta? was it with MS Rotterdam?

Hi Sheik,

I hope you don't mind I am using this thread to ask somethings too. :p

Thank you for sharing, Ine.

How long did you stay in Jakarta? was it with MS Rotterdam?

Yes indeed we were on board ms Rotterdam. Jakarta was a stay during the day. We were supposed to leave (as far as I remember) around 3 or 4 pm, which turned out into 3 hours later. Tourbuses (booked through HAL) to Bogor and Puncak were delayed in traffic. Since this was a shipexcursion they were waiting for us.

Archived