Order a cake?

MTJtraveller

If you want to order a special cake in advance you contact the Special Services person for your ship BEFORE you board. They will send you out a form, probably by email, that you fill in. You will be charged by the size of the cake (or number of people you are feeding). One time we sailed and it was was my young DGS's birthday the day we boarded. I wanted to make sure he had a cake that day. As it turned out they couldn't do it the first night but we had it day two. The price was reasonable and the cake was a slice of heaven. You also will be charged in advance.

If the occasion is brithday or anniversary, they will bring a small cake to the table at dinner

Very true and I should have mentioned that. The cake I was talking about was a cake like the size you would get at Costco. I was able to choose filling, cake, icing and wording. We had 22 people in our group and wanted everyone to share in the cake.

If the occasion is brithday or anniversary, they will bring a small cake to the table at dinner

Do you know if you can request a different type of cake for this. I love chocolate and have enjoyed the cake when celebrating our anniversary, but this year we are taking my mom and she cannot have chocolate. :(

We always talk to the head waiter, my DH does not want a cupcake, he wants a big cake... they have always done one, never charged for it. We share with the staff in the MDR and/or sometimes with others in nearby tables, we always have a table for 2.

Archived