Brunch

shoreham01

The last two reviews I read not only mentioned the brunch (on the last sea day) but posted tons of pictures about it. They were reviews of Silhouette right before she left for Europe a few weeks ago. I believe brunch is still going strong.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

The brunches are still being held and are a MUCH better idea than the old midnight buffets. The food and presentation are exceptional. The only time we did not experience a brunch was when our ship has a norvo outbreak. Quite understandable.

I take it it will be announced in the daily programme?

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

strange as it may sound....NO, it won't be announced in the daily schedule. The only way to know when it's being held is to check the section on the back that give restaurant hours.....or your waiter in the MDR may tell you about it the night before (not in Blu though...they have never told us). Seriously...it is not part of the daily schedule nor is it highlighted as a major event of the day. Many actually miss it....

I take it it will be announced in the daily programme?

Not quite.

There is no "announcement". It is just listed in the dining option. Unless you read very carefully, you might not notice it.

However, your waiter in MDR will mention it a night before.

I am wondering if they are still doing Brunch on one of the sea days. We were on the Eclipse last year and it was quite an event.

I have not seen anyone mention it for ages.

Yes there is brunch. We missed brunch :( when sailing Eclipse this Spring as we did not see any info or mention of the event or day. Will be sure to not miss brunch in 2014 :)

I have been surprised at how under "promoted" the brunch is. It is beautiful and the food is excellent. But, as mentioned above the only way to know of it (from my experience) is, if your server tells you about it at dinner the night before and/or when looking in the Celebrity today for the dining hours. :confused:

We missed the brunch a few weeks ago as it ran from only 10 AM - 1 PM. We wanted to attend a lecture that ended at 12:30 so thought we could just run in near the end. When we got there at 12:40 or so, the line was out the door and snaking down the ship. We later heard that the line "moved fast" but we did not want to wait in the line at the time, so simply had another nice lunch in Oceanview Cafe. After hearing the raves from other passengers later, we'll plan better next time.

We missed the brunch a few weeks ago as it ran from only 10 AM - 1 PM. We wanted to attend a lecture that ended at 12:30 so thought we could just run in near the end. When we got there at 12:40 or so, the line was out the door and snaking down the ship. We later heard that the line "moved fast" but we did not want to wait in the line at the time, so simply had another nice lunch in Oceanview Cafe. After hearing the raves from other passengers later, we'll plan better next time.

The problem they have is seating. That's why they don't promote it...they actually don't want everyone to show up...they can't handle it. There have been a number of posts about the brunch and it's similarity to the buffet (with the addition of sushi from the sushi bar) with nicer decorations...but you have to search for those posts. Personally I like the gravlox which I never see except in the brunch and the unlimited shrimp cocktail. There are some additional desserts, but for the most part, it's very similar to the normal buffet breakfast/lunch offerings....just in a different setting.

Archived