Prinsendam Kiel canal Northern Baltic Cruise July 1

I don't log in often but it's getting closer and I have so many questions. Most important how do I pack for the Northern Baltic Cruise? A little bit of everything? Spring /Summer clothing? Also I will use my debit and credit card but I always need a little cash going into the different countries Does the cruise ship convert ? or is there a better way? Thanks

For the Baltic cruise I have always packed for summer, and done fine. A rain jacket of some kind may come in handy. If it makes you feel more prepared, then you can bring something heavier (sweatshirt? windbreaker?) that you can layer. You may not need it, though.

I have converted money on the ship, but I don't remember converting to anything other than Euro. There's a charge, of course, but a real savings in time and effort as opposed to trying to find an ATM.

I don't log in often but it's getting closer and I have so many questions. Most important how do I pack for the Northern Baltic Cruise? A little bit of everything? Spring /Summer clothing? Also I will use my debit and credit card but I always need a little cash going into the different countries Does the cruise ship convert ? or is there a better way? Thanks

First of all, Welcome to Cruise Critic.

WOW, I envy you. I was looking into this cruise but could not get it to fit into my schedule for this year. I love that itinerary! I hope you will do a review when you get back.

David

The itinerary is what brought me to this particular cruise. Celebrating my 30th wedding anniversary. Russia and Poland are where my grandparents came from I need to be able to say I've been there . Of course I'm looking forward to the other countries Holland America is the cruiseline that is stopping at Gdansk Poland this year not many are. Hoping the Prinsendam is as good as they say

Hello fellow Baltic Cruiser. I too am on the July 1 cruise leaving Amsterdam and am getting very excited. As to clothing I agree with what others have stated, pack for Spring/Summer with a light sweater or windbreaker and you will be fine.

The itinerary is what brought me to this particular cruise. Celebrating my 30th wedding anniversary. Russia and Poland are where my grandparents came from I need to be able to say I've been there . Of course I'm looking forward to the other countries Holland America is the cruiseline that is stopping at Gdansk Poland this year not many are. Hoping the Prinsendam is as good as they say

Happy 30th Wedding Anniversary!!!!

so would you suggest the same clothing for an August Baltics cruise also??

I would. It's summer there, and I would dress in summer clothes.

I've been to the Baltics twice, in July and August, and remember bright, sunny days of warm to hot weather. There was also rain, but I don't remember cool weather on my trips there.

I would. It's summer there, and I would dress in summer clothes.

I've been to the Baltics twice, in July and August, and remember bright, sunny days of warm to hot weather. There was also rain, but I don't remember cool weather on my trips there.

Thanks Ruth! You were a virtual book of knowledge when I did the Mediterranean in 2009, now we are off to Europe again. The questions will start soon, just a little too far off yet. :D

Archived