Coffs Harbour

Coffs Harbour council will investigate the viability of cruise ships visiting the area.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2013/05/10/3756108.htm

Our beach/marina area here are being revitalised soon we hope, so there won't be any submissions put forward until we have something better to offer passengers is my thoughts on this article.

Our area has LOTS to offer tourists once we get them here so it would be fantastic if this ever eventuates.

Gae

So agree Gae . I was hoping some might leave from Coffs but I doubt it lol. Would be wonderful not to have to make the journey to Brissy or Sydney.

Di

True Di but I personally don't mind travelling to Sydney to Circular Quay to sail out of and back into our beautiful harbour. I haven't sailed from Brisbane.

So far I've only cruised Royal Caribbean but I have a P&O cruise on Pacific Pearl booked for next year so will be departing from the new White Bay wharf. Have read different reports on that facility.

Gae

Is there a wharf at Coffs Harbour where the big ships can dock?

Yes, there is a wharf but don't think it would be long enough since the length was shortened many years ago during a refurbishment!

Ships would need to anchor outside the harbour and tender passengers ashore.

The harbour has to be dredged regularly so in my opinion wouldn't be deep enough for larger vessels.

Google Coffs Harbour Marina for lots of photos.

Gae

True Di but I personally don't mind travelling to Sydney to Circular Quay to sail out of and back into our beautiful harbour. I haven't sailed from Brisbane.

So far I've only cruised Royal Caribbean but I have a P&O cruise on Pacific Pearl booked for next year so will be departing from the new White Bay wharf. Have read different reports on that facility.

Gae

Brisbane is no where near as nice as Sydney to sail from . I always liked leaving from Wharf 8 and sailing under the bridge but I just hate making the trip to Sydney now (6 hours). Before we moved to paradise it was only 2 hours and we would leave the car at Wilsons either Murray St or the Opera House.

Hope you are not disappointed with P&O - they won't get our dollars again while we have other companies to choose from.

Di

Hope you are not disappointed with P&O - they won't get our dollars again while we have other companies to choose from.

Di

Yes, I'm a bit apprehensive but it's all about the itinery which includes Kangaroo Island and Robe in South Australia! The price is way higher per day than I'm used to paying.

When it's all said and done though, any day cruising is a real holiday for me so I'm determined to enjoy it!

Gae

Archived