QV - lunch on port days

Wordzz

Sorry if this has been asked before - I've done a search but didn't find anything.

On QV, is the Britannia restaurant open for lunch on port days (we're on a Norwegian fjords cruise)? If not, is room service available? Or will we be forced to use the buffet?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry if this has been asked before - I've done a search but didn't find anything.

On QV, is the Britannia restaurant open for lunch on port days (we're on a Norwegian fjords cruise)? If not, is room service available? Or will we be forced to use the buffet?

Thanks in advance!

On the cruises I've done the restaurants are always open for lunch on port days. Granted, I've only done QM2 but I don't see why it would be different between the Cunard ships.

Not sure about the Britannia restaurant and embarkation days.

The Golden Lion Pub also serves pub lunch style meals every day except embarkation day. This is Fish and Chips, Cottage Pie etc. and is quite good. I love having a nice pint of ale while eating some Fish and Chips and listening to piano music :)

Eddie

The Golden Lion Pub also serves pub lunch style meals every day except embarkation day. This is Fish and Chips, Cottage Pie etc. and is quite good. I love having a nice pint of ale while eating some Fish and Chips and listening to piano music :)

Eddie

Is there a fee to eat in the Golden Lion Pub? I understand beer and other drinks there will be a fee but I was wondering about the food.

Thanks

Don

Is there a fee to eat in the Golden Lion Pub? I understand beer and other drinks there will be a fee but I was wondering about the food.

Thanks

Don

Don, I am pleased to tell you that the food in the Golden Lion does not attract an additional charge (it isn't "free" as you've already paid for it in your fare) :D

Eddie

Don, I am pleased to tell you that the food in the Golden Lion does not attract an additional charge (it isn't "free" as you've already paid for it in your fare) :D

Eddie

Eddie

Thanks, I am well aware that nothing is really free when it comes to cruising. It is nice to know all my "free" food options as I'll be on the QV for 94 days.

Don

Wow Don! That sounds like a fabulous trip. Is that the World Voyage to South America? That looks like a great itinerary and would love to do that if a I could.

I hope you have a great time when it comes.

Eddie

Wow Don! That sounds like a fabulous trip. Is that the World Voyage to South America? That looks like a great itinerary and would love to do that if a I could.

I hope you have a great time when it comes.

Eddie

Eddie

Yes it's the World Voyage to South America. It makes stops to many locations that I've always wanted to go to without having any flights. I'm lucky that I live 4 hours from Ft Lauderdale so an easy drive.

Don

The Britannia restaurant is always open for lunch, breakfast and dinner, as is the buffet. They may vary the times on disembarkation/embarkation days.

The Britannia is not "open" to incoming guests at a any change over port, however if you are doing a long cruise you may wish to enquire from Maitre D' the night before the port if the ship is giving a tour to travel agents at the port - as happened at Ft Lauderdale, New York, Southampton.

If there are Travel agents coming on board for a tour, they are given lunch in Britannia, and if you speak to the Maitre D' you should be able to eat there at that time (about 12.30p.m).as an "in transit passenger"

On the occasion when I have done this, I found that the menu was far superior to the normal lunch, as the ship wishes to impress the travel agents.

You may also be able to have a light lunch in Sir Samuels or the Carpathia café, you will have to pay there for whatever you drink, tea/coffee/wine.

Todd English or Verandah is not open for lunch on port days, but there you will have to pay as they are a la carte.

Hope this helps.

Thanks in advance!

Yes it is. We got back from an early shore excursion & had the Britannia pretty much to only a small number of pax.

Archived