Harv and Marv - Trouble Making a Reservation

ROXIETHEHORSE

Good morning...last week I sent an email to Harv and Marv asking about making a reservation for September. I got an outo-reply that Callie (?) was out of the office for a family emergency.

I have never heard back. Has anyone else had this issue? We sure would like to use Harv and Marv, but no one is available to take a reservation!!

Try calling their office number. If Callie had a family emergency - think illness or death in family, it may take a week or so before she is back in the office. I'm sure in the mean time, Jay's wife Eileen (who used to handle reservations) will be filling in for Callie. That said, I believe you would have better luck reaching someone by phone for the time being.

I was on the Zaandam last week and had booked Harv and Marvs for a tour on the Tuesday in Juneau. The captain advised everyone we were going to be late getting into Juneau due to strong headwinds so I was a bit worried. I tried emailling Callie (since a phone call from the ship was rediculous) and got her out of office as well. I ended up missing 2 calls from them around 12:15 on Tuesday (our tour was scheduled for 12:30). When we finally got on AT&T signal around 1:30 I called and spoke with Dani. They knew we were going to be late and wanted to let us know they would be waiting at the docks.

It sucked not hearing from them but the service was fantastic and well worth it. Had we not been late getting into Juneau and hadn't had our tour delayed until 2:30 we would never have seen this:

whale4_zps8b7f98f4.jpg

It sucked not hearing from them but the service was fantastic and well worth it. Had we not been late getting into Juneau and hadn't had our tour delayed until 2:30 we would never have seen this:

whale4_zps8b7f98f4.jpg

I sure hope we get the chance to see this action in June when we go with Harv&Marv's...

I sure hope we get the chance to see this action in June when we go with Harv&Marv's...

I hope you do too. But what you see will pretty much not be dependent on the operator. All the boats see whales; some (few?) see breaches. But the reason to take certain operators is based on boat size, preferences, customer service, etc. It took me multiple boat and whale watching trips before I ever saw whales breaching. I still haven't seen bubblenet feeding.

DH and I sailed with Harv and Marv as well....LOVED IT! I would definitely use them again. Whale watching can be hit or miss and although we didn't see Orcas (DH was disappointed....not me) we were able to play with the porpoises and the boat...the Captain went round in circles trying to get the porpoises to play...and they did....they were jumping in front of the boat, on the side of the boat...it was so cool! We had a whale come up right on the side of the boat....awesome... These guys are a class act!

DH and I sailed with Harv and Marv as well....LOVED IT! I would definitely use them again. Whale watching can be hit or miss and although we didn't see Orcas (DH was disappointed....not me) we were able to play with the porpoises and the boat...the Captain went round in circles trying to get the porpoises to play...and they did....they were jumping in front of the boat, on the side of the boat...it was so cool! We had a whale come up right on the side of the boat....awesome... These guys are a class act!

good to hear all of the recent positive reviews....will be on their boat in 3 weeks!

John in NC

We booked with Harv & Marv last August and had Callie as our driver/guide. There were only 7 of us on her boat. There were plenty of other tour boats out there in the same area but enough space for every boat to have their very own experiences. We saw lots of whales and several bubble net feeding. Definitely worth the experience.

We were in Hawaii this April on another whale tour and saw the mothers with their calves heading on their way to Alaska. Another great whale watch experience.

Perhaps we will see them again this August when we return to Alaska. :D

Archived