hawaii accomadation

vally6

hi can anybody recomend a good clean accomadation in hawaii we cruise there from australia april 2014 and will need a place to stay for a few nights . need to be near where ship docks and air port . thanks val smart:)

hi can anybody recomend a good clean accomadation in hawaii we cruise there from australia april 2014 and will need a place to stay for a few nights . need to be near where ship docks and air port . thanks val smart:)

I should look on tripadvisor for recommendations.

TripAdvisor is a great place to look. Second to that, the Hawaii board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62

will have lots of info.

There are a couple of hotels near the airport, don't remember many near the port, which is about 20 or so minutes from the airport.

Don't want to stay at Waikiki? Wonderful, fun, vibrant place. Particularly if you are going to be there for a few nights Waikiki is a perfect place.

Honestly, I don't think you'll find a good, clean hotel or motel between the airport and cruise port. It's kind of a dicey area.

There are several hotels at the end of Waikiki closest to the cruise port that CCers have stayed at. The ones that I've gone past as I stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village were: The Ilikai, The Aqua Palms, the Modern, the Hawaii Prince. Search on those 5 hotels and see if any of them can meet your needs.

Hotel prices, quality, and facilities run the full spectrum in HNL. There are a few hotels around the airport; they are good, but "transit" hotels with not too many features that vacationers prefer.

As mentioned check Tripadvisor. The cruise dock is close to the downtown CBD; there are a few hotels in that area. Waikiki is 5km to the east...the majority of hotels and rooms are in that area and you're likely to find the best values.

HNL is different from many cities. Most airline passengers are vacationers, with some business travelers since HNL is the state capital. So, there aren't a lot of lodgings right at the airport, or even downtown.

Once you do some investigation and know the area and price range of interest, people here will have some good recommendations.

In my opinion, the best idea is to stay in Waikiki. You can get most anywhere from there, by city bus, trolley, or tour. (public transportation is very good there, and parking is expensive) That area has the widest range of prices too. Other than that, look for a hotel near the cruise dock - which is at a shopping center, and on a city bus line! :) Just remember, you may be in "paradise," but the same world wide rules apply for watching your purse, camera, etc.

Archived