Drink pckage

I read on another thread where someone commented on the fact that "he didn't know that everyone in the cabin would be required to purchase the drink package".

I found no other reference to this.

Can anyone tell me anything about this?

This is only our second time on NCL and I presume that they have a soda plan....could this be what he was referring to?

Thanks,

Mary

No. It seems that ncl has now made its ultimate beverage package available on all ships. The package seems to include most drinks priced under ten dollars. It's 49$ per day looks the service charge of 15% so it comes to about 56$ per day. The catch is if you get it for one adult in the cabin you must get t for all adults and you must be the soda package for any kids. If you plan to drink about 7 alcoholic be beverages a day it probably makes sense. I found out about it on the q&a on buck's website.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

Directly from NCL's website:

Item #DescriptionPrice UBPUnlimited Beverage Package

Enjoy a wide selection of soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass during your entire cruise.

Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same folio for the entire length of the cruise.

Individuals under the age of 21 will be required to purchase the Soda Program

Price is $49/person/day as the PP mentioned. This can be found on the NCL website under "Gifts and More."

but I can't find anywhere to purchase the package.

I could not either last month but was later informed that it may have been removed from NCL web site during Spring Break period. It is back in the Gifts & more section now. Link

I could not either last month but was later informed that it may have been removed from NCL web site during Spring Break period. It is back in the Gifts & more section now. Link

Thanks! I saw that but thought it was informational since it has no number & it doesn't show when I log into our reservation. I guess I'll give them a call tonight & see if I can purchase it before we leave.

Thanks! I saw that but thought it was informational since it has no number & it doesn't show when I log into our reservation. I guess I'll give them a call tonight & see if I can purchase it before we leave.

I just got off the phone with NCL. You can purchase it ahead of time by phone only. :D But if you have more than 1 cabin and only cabin one is buying it, then you have to purchase it onboard with proof that you are using 2 different credit cards for your onboard account. :rolleyes:

I just got off the phone with NCL. You can purchase it ahead of time by phone only. :D But if you have more than 1 cabin and only cabin one is buying it, then you have to purchase it onboard with proof that you are using 2 different credit cards for your onboard account. :rolleyes:

Yes, thanks. I just read your other post. It's just the two of us this trip so there's no problem with multiple cabins.

I hope it works out for you without too much hassle. My best guess is NCL realized groups traveling in multiple cabins were sharing the package & They're trying to alleviate the theft. Of course, that adversely impacts the honest people but that seems to be how things always work out............. It only takes one to ruin it for the rest!

The wine and beer are pretty clear, and I read this as any cocktail one could please, so long as the liquor/s involved don't exceed premium level.

Package includes house call and premium spirits and cocktails, bottled beer that is $5.50 or less,

wines by the glass that are $10 or less and fountain soda and juices.

Package does not include beverages sold in the gift shops, mini-bar or room service, wine sold by

the bottle, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffee beverages, or energy drinks.

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Ultimate-Beverage-Package-051013.pdf

This is why reports that one person was told they could get peach but not strawberry drinks (or VV) sound nuts to me, and the bartenders have to get on the right page. I'm going to carry around a printout of that pdf with me!

I think it's silly that Carnival, Royal, and NCL require everyone in a cabin to buy packages. And this news about the extra restriction of credit cards?! I peeked in here from the Celebrity boards to check out the new Breakaway, and saw this. On our X cruise, the company treated us like adults and trusted us not to share. My best guess is that alcohol is a smaller portion of the bottom line with X?

• 2 months later...

I searched other forums and found the full details...read the fine print at the bottom - it seems you need to be in a party of 20! This sounds like its for wedding groups etc.

Anyone know different please post back

Here's a link to NCL's group drink packages:

http://www.events.ncl.com/assets/doc...vProgrREV3.pdf

If you don't want to click through:

The Freestyler’s - Only $46 per guest/per day*

When you don’t want to give it a second thought, choose The Freestyler’s – unlimited house and call brand spirits, domestic beer, house wine and unlimited fountain soda, at all bars, lounges and restaurants. The same at designated cocktail parties and on the private island when applicable. One plan, plenty of choices.

*Does not include room service, package sales, “take aways” and designated premium brands (subject to change), import beer, mini bar purchases, bottled water, specialty coffee beverages, or Red Bull energy drinks. A 10% seasonal premium will apply for the dates of March 1st – April 15th.

The Freestyler’s Premium - Only $56 per guest/per day*

If premium beverages are more your style, choose The Freestyler’s Premium – unlimited spirits from the most popular premium labels, domestic and import beer, house wine and unlimited fountain soda, at all bars, lounges and restaurants. The same at designated cocktail parties and on the private island when applicable.

*Does not include room service, package sales, “take aways” and designated super premium and ultra premium brands (subject to change), mini bar purchases, bottled water, specialty coffee beverages, or Red Bull energy drinks. A 10% seasonal premium will apply for the dates of March 1st – April 15th.

Viva Vino Wine Package - 20% discount on total purchase

If tasting a variety of different wines at every dinner is your preference, join the Wine Lovers and enjoy the experience of wines from different regions, countries and grapes every evening.

*Available only for purchase on board. Package requirements depend on the length of the cruise. For example, a 7 day cruise will require a pre-selection of 6 to 8 bottles.

Freestyle Refresh

Unlimited Fountain Soda - $6.25 (adult & teens), $4.00 (children) per guest/per day

Only Norwegian Cruise Line and Pepsi® know how to refresh you in a way that lasts for the entire cruise. And it all starts with signing up for the Freestyle Refresh program with Pepsi® and NCL. No need to carry around your cash or credit card. And absolutely no chance of EVER being thirsty.

*Includes unlimited fountain Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist and Soda Water. Partial packages or pricing is not available. Brands subject to availability.

And here are the all-important Terms and Conditions:

Terms & Conditions:

• All members of the group must be of legal drinking age. (Excluding Freestyle Refresh)

• Outside of US territorial waters (3 miles), minimum drinking age is 18 years old for Beer and Wine, with the written consent of a parent or guardian traveling on the vessel. Without written consent, then the minimum drinking age is 21 years old.

• While in US port or within the territorial waters of a US state, the minimum drink age is 21 years old.

• All prices are per guest, per day - subject to change.

• The Freestyler’s and Freestyler’s Premium must be purchased for ALL guests in a group.

• Twenty-guest minimum required (children under the legal drinking age do not count as part of the group).

• All prices are inclusive of gratuity.

• All prices and selections are subject to change, without prior notice.

• Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries.

• Packages must be purchased for entire length of cruise.

quote.gif

I searched other forums and found the full details...read the fine print at the bottom - it seems you need to be in a party of 20! This sounds like its for wedding groups etc.

Anyone know different please post back

Here's a link to NCL's group drink packages:

http://www.events.ncl.com/assets/doc...vProgrREV3.pdf

If you don't want to click through:

The Freestyler’s - Only $46 per guest/per day*

When you don’t want to give it a second thought, choose The Freestyler’s – unlimited house and call brand spirits, domestic beer, house wine and unlimited fountain soda, at all bars, lounges and restaurants. The same at designated cocktail parties and on the private island when applicable. One plan, plenty of choices.

*Does not include room service, package sales, “take aways” and designated premium brands (subject to change), import beer, mini bar purchases, bottled water, specialty coffee beverages, or Red Bull energy drinks. A 10% seasonal premium will apply for the dates of March 1st – April 15th.

The Freestyler’s Premium - Only $56 per guest/per day*

If premium beverages are more your style, choose The Freestyler’s Premium – unlimited spirits from the most popular premium labels, domestic and import beer, house wine and unlimited fountain soda, at all bars, lounges and restaurants. The same at designated cocktail parties and on the private island when applicable.

*Does not include room service, package sales, “take aways” and designated super premium and ultra premium brands (subject to change), mini bar purchases, bottled water, specialty coffee beverages, or Red Bull energy drinks. A 10% seasonal premium will apply for the dates of March 1st – April 15th.

Viva Vino Wine Package - 20% discount on total purchase

If tasting a variety of different wines at every dinner is your preference, join the Wine Lovers and enjoy the experience of wines from different regions, countries and grapes every evening.

*Available only for purchase on board. Package requirements depend on the length of the cruise. For example, a 7 day cruise will require a pre-selection of 6 to 8 bottles.

Freestyle Refresh

Unlimited Fountain Soda - $6.25 (adult & teens), $4.00 (children) per guest/per day

Only Norwegian Cruise Line and Pepsi® know how to refresh you in a way that lasts for the entire cruise. And it all starts with signing up for the Freestyle Refresh program with Pepsi® and NCL. No need to carry around your cash or credit card. And absolutely no chance of EVER being thirsty.

*Includes unlimited fountain Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist and Soda Water. Partial packages or pricing is not available. Brands subject to availability.

And here are the all-important Terms and Conditions:

Terms & Conditions:

• All members of the group must be of legal drinking age. (Excluding Freestyle Refresh)

• Outside of US territorial waters (3 miles), minimum drinking age is 18 years old for Beer and Wine, with the written consent of a parent or guardian traveling on the vessel. Without written consent, then the minimum drinking age is 21 years old.

• While in US port or within the territorial waters of a US state, the minimum drink age is 21 years old.

• All prices are per guest, per day - subject to change.

• The Freestyler’s and Freestyler’s Premium must be purchased for ALL guests in a group.

• Twenty-guest minimum required (children under the legal drinking age do not count as part of the group).

• All prices are inclusive of gratuity.

• All prices and selections are subject to change, without prior notice.

• Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries.

• Packages must be purchased for entire length of cruise.

quote.gif

That line is old information. If you travelled with a group of 20 before you could all buy into a package. The Ultimate Beverage Package is different, the only restrictions are that if you are travelling with others in your cabin, adults need to purchase the UBP and kids need to purchase the soda package. If you are with another cabin and are paying on the same folio (credit card) they also need to purchase it. Just use a different card for the other cabin and you should be fine. At least that's what's been reported.

That line is old information. If you travelled with a group of 20 before you could all buy into a package. The Ultimate Beverage Package is different, the only restrictions are that if you are travelling with others in your cabin, adults need to purchase the UBP and kids need to purchase the soda package. If you are with another cabin and are paying on the same folio (credit card) they also need to purchase it. Just use a different card for the other cabin and you should be fine. At least that's what's been reported.

oh thanks for that...so if both people in our cabin buy the UBP will they serve us a bottle of wine (within the price limits) at dinner or must we go by the glass?

We passed on it - guiness, my husbands drink of choice was not covered and neither was Sam Adams so it was not worth us doing it

We did see a lady speak with the beverage manager and explain her 80 year old cabin mate did not drink so why should she pay for 2 and he did sort it for her - so I suppose it depends on your circumstances

We spoke to them to say 'ultimate' is not what it is as it doesn't cover most of the beers and they said blame Miami

Some clarifications concerning beer, we were on the breakaway 7/7-14, Sam Adams is covered. Fosters cans, Guinness cans, blue moon bottles, and Brooklyn Lager drafts are not covered. All other small drafts are covered (Newcastle, Stella, Hein., Bass, Amstel light) Only wine by the glass. You should check bar menues that have been posted previously. My wife and I are wine and beer drinkers. We made out financially but felt the choices were a little restrictive. Concerning draft beer, small drafts, 12oz, are covered, but large drafts, 16oz are not, a restriction we thought was ridiculous and unnecessary.

Archived