Dinning in PH suit

Ronniewales

Can you invite others to dine in your suit and still order from the speciality menu?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

You did not say which ship. You may be able to seat 4 in a PH on the O ships but I would doubt it on the R ships. There are no real dinning tables on either. Yes you can order from any menu!

It's on Marina so I take it the table inside the suit is only for 2. We have the aft wrap around balcony and I have requested extra table and chairs which have been confirmed so is it possible to dine on the balcony

I have read here that others have dined in their SUITE with guests

If you have a larger balcony it may work but the best thing to do is ask your Butler before you invite others

The tables in the PH cabins are small & the coffee table is too low for dining so indoors it would be uncomfortable for more than 2

I guess that's one way of discouraging more than 2 dinning in your suit.

112617.jpg

You already know that you have scored one of the two Penthouses in which a dining table for four could be accommodated on the veranda, and therefore you certainly have the option of inviting others to join you for dinner.

141159.jpg141137.jpg

141102.jpg It's going to require shifting some furniture, and a herculean effort by your Butler ( DO treat him well!) but weather permitting, it should be STUNNING.

Just be prepared for wind if at sea and make sure the table is out of the forces of the wind. We have had the room twice and are well aware of the wind. It would be perfect if you dined when the ship was still in port.

I guess that's one way of discouraging more than 2 dinning in your suit.

BAD Ronniewales!!!! I enjoy dinning in my birthday suit!!!! :eek:

Sorry - couldn't resist either......

It can be done. A few years ago in Insignia (R class ship), the butler brought in a table topper to accommodate 4 people and extra chairs. We tipped him well ;). On another cruise, the butler was not keen to do it and we did not pursue it. Instead, we asked another butler for another in our group and he happily obliged.

There was a request that we arrange it beforehand and some accommodation in selecting the dining time for our group. As well, the second time we did this, he asked the we all order from one menu. Not sure if this is policy or his preference to ensure that the food arrives together in a timely manner. I have not been on Marina or Riviera (O class),so I can't comment on whether the cabin and furniture will accommodate 4 people in a penthouse dining together.

BAD Ronniewales!!!! I enjoy dinning in my birthday suit!!!! :eek:

Sorry - couldn't resist either......

Oh maybe we should have booked one of those Azumara special cruises then, now that sounds like more fun!!!!!

Oh maybe we should have booked one of those Azumara special cruises then, now that sounds like more fun!!!!!

Probably it all got off to a "rocky" start with the first post asking about the "dinning room". Perhaps running Spellcheck would have helped. (Its known as the "Dining Room" is most circles these days)

And "Azumara" would have been caught too - thus showing correct spelling as "Azamara". ;)

:eek:

Probably it all got off to a "rocky" start with the first post asking about the "dinning room". Perhaps running Spellcheck would have helped. (Its known as the "Dining Room" is most circles these days)

And "Azumara" would have been caught too - thus showing correct spelling as "Azamara". ;)

Pretty sure that was "tongue in cheek" on Azumura!! The "dinning" may not have been the real culprit..... methinks it was the whole "dinning in PH suit" ..... hence prefer to din in birthday suit. :eek:

Hey MURA .... help a girl out here! ;)

Who, me????

I plead not guilty in terms of Azumara! Originally I thought that "suit" was just a typo but OP keeps spelling it that way so perhaps English isn't the first language????

Mura

Archived