Pier House

bouhunter

I know there are some locals here. I read on tripadvisor that the Pier House is being purchased and there are rumors the new owners will close the Chart Room??:mad::( I sure hope not!

The same thread there said they were closing the roof top bar on the La Concha?:(

We'll be there over New Years and had planned on being at both places......

I know there are some locals here. I read on tripadvisor that the Pier House is being purchased and there are rumors the new owners will close the Chart Room??:mad::( I sure hope not!

The same thread there said they were closing the roof top bar on the La Concha?:(

We'll be there over New Years and had planned on being at both places......

Don't know about La Concha bar; but according to today's paper "dozens" of Pier House employees have been terminated and must go through a re-hiring process in order to stay onboard. The sale of Pier House was completed last week and the new owners are wasting no time in reorganizing the property to suit their needs.

I guess time will tell what changes to the property and staff will be involved.

Mike:)

The La Concha rumor is true. They are changing the roof to a spa.

The Chart Room is pretty iconic here. Few know about it, but it pre dates Schooner Wharf. There were grumblings it was going to be closed, but I don't know how true it is. I really hope it stays open, along with the piano bar. Larry Smith is a fantastic piano entertainer.

Four of us visited the Roof Top Bar at La Concha last night to say good by to one of our favorite lookouts in Key West. What we have read is that the hotel owners want to turn that bar and balcony with the stunning view into a spa.:(

I honestly don't know why they would do such a thing. We are hoping that even with a spa there, the hotel kindly will leave some balcony space up there for viewing Key West's rooftops. A partial view won't be the same though because right now guests can see almost the whole way around the city and we could even watch a cruise ship all lit up leaving in the distance.

Archived