West Coast 2014 and 2015

jbobst

I am pretty sure the posting of the schedule for the West coast ships in 2014 and 2015 is fairly recent. It's great that four ships will be staying here (Crown, Star, Golden, and Grand). Although, it is sad the Sapphire is leaving. I keep hearing that on May 15 some "exotic" schedule will be released, but what in the heck is Princess doing by still holding off on the Sapphire's schedule for the middle of next year??? I am trying to plan my 20 year anniversary, and it's extremely frustrating that they still haven't released the Sapphire's schedule yet!!! Ok, rant over...we'll see what tomorrow brings...if anything.

Regarding the 2014 and early 2015 West Coast schedule, I did notice a couple odd things... But first, I want to commend Princess for keeping many Pacific Coastal cruises on the schedule! I just wish they included Catalina :( and I WISH they had at least one or two summer time options for a California Coastal. All those ships up in Alaska that seem to have ridiculously low last minute fares... Seems like they could make a killing on offering us Southwest/Southern California families some nice coastal options during the summer break months. Maybe someday they'll test it out.

So first, what is the Crown Princess doing between May 2-14th of 2015? Dry dock? Second, what is the Star Princess doing between December 2014 through March 2015? There is a huge gap in the schedule of almost 4 whole months! That seems way too long for a dry dock. And third, it looks like most of the 7 day Mexico cruises include Ensenada as a stop. I can't believe they include that stop. Why not San Diego or La Paz? In addition, one of the 7 day Mexican Crown cruises only stops at PV and Cabo, with FOUR sea days! What is Princess thinking with this schedule? At least they have a smattering of 10 day cruises which have much better itineraries.

• 11 months later...
I am pretty sure the posting of the schedule for the West coast ships in 2014 and 2015 is fairly recent. It's great that four ships will be staying here (Crown, Star, Golden, and Grand). Although, it is sad the Sapphire is leaving. I keep hearing that on May 15 some "exotic" schedule will be released, but what in the heck is Princess doing by still holding off on the Sapphire's schedule for the middle of next year??? I am trying to plan my 20 year anniversary, and it's extremely frustrating that they still haven't released the Sapphire's schedule yet!!! Ok, rant over...we'll see what tomorrow brings...if anything.

Regarding the 2014 and early 2015 West Coast schedule, I did notice a couple odd things... But first, I want to commend Princess for keeping many Pacific Coastal cruises on the schedule! I just wish they included Catalina :( and I WISH they had at least one or two summer time options for a California Coastal. All those ships up in Alaska that seem to have ridiculously low last minute fares... Seems like they could make a killing on offering us Southwest/Southern California families some nice coastal options during the summer break months. Maybe someday they'll test it out.

So first, what is the Crown Princess doing between May 2-14th of 2015? Dry dock? Second, what is the Star Princess doing between December 2014 through March 2015? There is a huge gap in the schedule of almost 4 whole months! That seems way too long for a dry dock. And third, it looks like most of the 7 day Mexico cruises include Ensenada as a stop. I can't believe they include that stop. Why not San Diego or La Paz? In addition, one of the 7 day Mexican Crown cruises only stops at PV and Cabo, with FOUR sea days! What is Princess thinking with this schedule? At least they have a smattering of 10 day cruises which have much better itineraries.

We are scheduled on the Golden 5/2/15 for the CA Wine cruise. Looks like some great ports.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

So first, what is the Crown Princess doing between May 2-14th of 2015? Dry dock? Second, what is the Star Princess doing between December 2014 through March 2015?

Star:

Several 15 days roundtrip Hawaii from San Francisco

Several 10 days roundtrip Mexico from San Francisco

what is the Star Princess doing between December 2014 through March 2015? There is a huge gap in the schedule of almost 4 whole months! That seems way too long for a dry dock.

On the Princess web site it shows a full schedule of Hawaii, Mexico and CA Coastal November 2014 through March 2015 from SF, except for a 10 day gap from Dec 9th to 18th, probably for standard maintenance. We are booked on the Star within the months you mention.