Intimate bar on Caribbean Princess

MTJtraveller

I am a total control freak,:eek: i cant seem to get enuf of these boards prior to my vacation next month.

For those who know the Caribbean Princess:

I am looking for the most intimate bar on the ship. We are traveling with a group of 8 and 6 of us "of age" love to have a cocktail before late seating dinner. We travelled together on the "old" Royal Princess and found a bar either below or above the bridge that had a spectacular view and was quiet and intimate. Traveling on the Emerald we were in the aft bar each evening, it was small and quiet. I would like to find something similar on the Caribbean. I don't want conversation to compete with music.

Any suggestions?

Sadly, there's nothing like Adagio on the CB. Depending on what time it is, Skywalker's might be an option. The dj doesn't start up there until later, and when I've been there for the Platinum/Elite cocktail hour, I don't recall any intrusive music -- maybe some in the background but it was clearly unremarkable and so not bothersome. One part of Skywalker's is reserved for that (5-7pm), but the other half of the room is open. And I'm assuming the bar is open . . . but don't know.

Gosh. Not too many quiet spaces on the CB! Maybe Crooner's -- the pianist is at least only one guy, not a full band!

Terrace Pool Bar - completely aft - watch the wake and have a drink.

Oo I will definitely check this out. Took a family RC cruise last summer and my sister and I loved having pre dinner happy hour martini's while watching the wake. Always great conversations about our crazy family, feminism, love and what the heck we were going to do with our lives. Very fond memories.

I am a total control freak,:eek: i cant seem to get enuf of these boards prior to my vacation next month.

For those who know the Caribbean Princess:

I am looking for the most intimate bar on the ship. We are traveling with a group of 8 and 6 of us "of age" love to have a cocktail before late seating dinner. We traveled together on the "old" Royal Princess and found a bar either below or above the bridge that had a spectacular view and was quiet and intimate. Traveling on the Emerald we were in the aft bar each evening, it was small and quiet. I would like to find something similar on the Caribbean. I don't want conversation to compete with music.

Any suggestions?

Best Bet the Wheelhouse Bar. Always intimate with soft leather and cloth chairs. There may be music, but if you sit in the alcove on the Starboard side you will be away from it. Also, the Wheelhouse groups play soft, easy listening, ballroom dance music. It is never intrusive.

Skywalker's is open from 5PM to 7PM for the Elite/Plat. cocktail hour(s). It then re-opens at 9:30 or 10PM with the DJ. Not sure if the bar remains open between 7PM and 9:30PM. Check the Princess Patter once on board. This area is very silent. Very few people use it, and there is no music until the DJ starts up late night.

Crooner's, mid-ship is a very popular area for pre dinner cocktails. It does not have music until 9PM, but you can hear the piano player or other soft music from Deck 5 below.

Outriggers by the Terrace Pool, mentioned by another poster, Lido deck aft, is outside, and people from the Horizon Court may be eating at the tables there. Also seating there is on outside tables and chairs. The bar may also be closed by the time of late seating.

We are first time Princess cruisers. Is all of Skywalkers closed for us from 5-7 for the "elites" or just part of the room? During our upcoming Norway cruise, I earmarked Skywalkers as the place to be during the sailaways out of the fjords.

Archived