Did you earn your Platinum the Hard way or the Easy way?

Catrin

all 471 day @ sea, encompassing 75 mixed brands.............

I PAID for them......every single day !!!!! and with more booked..I"ll be waaay over 500 days. I have just finished my 50th w/Carnival...I also romance other lines. just sayin ...............I pay, I cruze !

Me thinks that anyone who has already achieved platinum has done it the easy way. Now the rest of us that must sail for 75 day will be doing it the hard way!! Don't worry, I'm in hot pursuit... :D

Someone had 2 cruises to nowhere this year to get platinum!! :rolleyes:

I made Platinum (either way), before there was a Platinum!! I had 18 cruises under my belt when the first Platinum program came out, so I felt like I missed 8 cruises of Platinum benefits!! Oh well!! :D

How did you earn your Platinum Status?

We earned ours.....

2 - 8 Day

6 - 7 Day

2 - 5 Day

Total of 68 Days for the first 10 cruises.:)

(26 Cruise Days since then!)

Catrin

I guess many like us earned it the easy way, having completed more than 10 cruises when they launched the program 9 years ago.

4 day @ 6

5 day @ 1

7 day @ 3

50 days = platinum the hard way

I do not like the FTTF program, I think you should have to earn the perk by going on 10 cruises, now they changed that to 75 days, not paying $50

have booked 3 more cruises

7 day

4 day

5 day

50 days sailed + 16 days future = 66 days I still would not qualify for platinum... Glad I made it to platinum last July...

Guess you would have to clarify what's easy and what's hard ? Just being able to take a cruise is hard for some people. But I will hit platinum with 10 cruises before hitting 75 days, which I bet 99% of the people are in the same ship :)

I actually think the easy way is 10 cruises ... under 50 days or so. I bet there are folks out there who have earned it the REAL easy way!

I know a lot of people who have made it the really easy way taking only 3 day cruises in inside rooms. (kinda seemed unfair to me since they get there quicker than those of us who travel in a suite and for 7-8 days

Guess you would have to clarify what's easy and what's hard ? Just being able to take a cruise is hard for some people. But I will hit platinum with 10 cruises before hitting 75 days, which I bet 99% of the people are in the same ship :)

2 6-day

4 7-day

4 8-day

= 72 days total after 10 cruises

If we hadn't taken a B2B this past January to make 10 before the end of 2013, it would have taken us 11 cruises to get to Platinum.

I should also add it was the "fun" way!

I did it the easy way~I only cruise Carnival because it is within our budget and they meet my DH crazy eating habits, so no matter how we got there being on a cruise ship surrounded by the beautiful blue water, enjoying a bucket of cold adult beverage makes it easy!

I will have 58 Days at Platinum. I purposely worked in one extra cruise before the deadline. My hubby and kids will be doing it the hard way.

(3) 4 day

(2) 5 day

(2) 7 day

(2) 8 day

(1) 6 day in November(Platinum Cruise)

The small perks offered will help us as a larger family cruising. Washing swim suits etc to pack a bit less for 6 people. We dont always get to the port super early so by 11:30am it can be crowded on the ship already. Its hard to find tables for so many people so going to our room early will help a small bit. Just little things really.

2 6-day

4 7-day

4 8-day

= 72 days total after 10 cruises

If we hadn't taken a B2B this past January to make 10 before the end of 2013, it would have taken us 11 cruises to get to Platinum.

I should also add it was the "fun" way!

I agree, however you got to it it was the fun way. I will have 10 but I have also done 2 B2B cruises

After our next cruise, we will be Platinum with 49 days. And I couldn't give a rat's rectum what anyone thinks of it. The rules were the rules and the number of nights didn't matter.

It was still 10 drives to Florida and Alabama, same amount of luggage, same everything.

So if anyone should have a problem with it, it's us! We've done all that work and didn't have as many days at sea to enjoy it. :D

The hard way. I received my first platinum card on 9/1/05 when I boarded my 15th cruise. But the crew had never seen one and there were no perks yet. I kept getting asked for my Sail and Sign Card, not my Discover card. LOL! First Carnival cruise was 1987 on the Carnivale.

9- 7 day cruises

3 - 5 day cruises

3 - 4 day cruises (including first Platinum cruise)

I have since take 15 more cruises on Carnival and have currently 185 days

10 - 7 day cruises

5 - 5 day cruises

8 night cruise this Saturday

Another 7 night cruise in August when I will hit the magic 200 days on the Magic.

I earned mine the hard way (I think, depends what you mean by the hard way I guess). :D I ws Platinum before the new program came into effect and even when it did, I had enough days to qualify so I didn't have to be "grandfathered" into anything!! :D

1 - 4 Day

1 - 5 Day

5 - 7 Day

2 - 8 Day

1 - 8 Day (but it lasted 9 Days because of a medical emergency)

Total - 10 cruises (69 Days)

*Yes, I did get credit for the extra day on the Legend*

Since then:

2 - 7 Day (it was a B2B)

Total - 12 cruises (83 Days)

And I have another B2B (3 Day and 4 Day) coming up so I'll be able to add another 7 Days to my total!! :D I'm super excited, can't wait to see my 1st ship again!!!! :D

As we are from Scotland we did it the hard way, and after sailing Carnival many times I have not sailed them for a long time only because I think there loyalty programme does not stack up to other cruise lines.

I would like to sail one of the other Carnival Corp lines but only if they did a status match across all the brands as RCL do.

Archived