Did you earn your Platinum the Hard way or the Easy way?

Catrin

How did you earn your Platinum Status?

We earned ours.....

2 - 8 Day

6 - 7 Day

2 - 5 Day

Total of 68 Days for the first 10 cruises.:)

(26 Cruise Days since then!)

Catrin

I say the hard way since Carnival doesnt count my first three Carnival cruises back in the 80s because I have no proof I took them.

I have a mixture of 7 and 5 day cruises, probably all out of Galveston to make Platinum, which ran more $$ than out of Florida, so I still say the hard way, even if some were fewer days and on Ecstasy.

After reaching Platinum I went out of Mobile and New Orleans more than a few times.

Interesting thread. I've been balancing our numbers to decide what to do. Thus far...

1@3

1@5

1@7

3@8

1@12

1 in July for 12

My total will be 63 for 8 cruises. I will only need 12 more for 75. Sure I try to squeeze in a couple of 3 day cruises or 6 more days, but we must fly to a port, so my next two cruises will likely be 7 or 8 days each which would bring me above 75 when I reach 10 cruises.

1 - 3 day

1 - 5 day

3 - 7 day

3 - 8 day

1 - 9 day

1 -12 day

I think we qualify as the hard way. :)

I think you were the easy way since your total is 5+21+24+9+12 = 71, which is less than the 75 you would need after December 31. If you hadn't already reached 10, you'd need 11 cruises.

I think you were the easy way since your total is 5+21+24+9+12 = 71, which is less than the 75 you would need after December 31. If you hadn't already reached 10, you'd need 11 cruises.

I actually think the easy way is 10 cruises ... under 50 days or so. I bet there are folks out there who have earned it the REAL easy way!

I would say the easy way, living such a short distance from the port. My first ten cruises included three seven day, one four day and six five day cruises. Seven cruises from New Orleans, one from Port Canaveral, one from Miami and one from Vancouver. 55 days total.

Living a short drive from the port is great!

Made it to ten cruises on 3 & 4 day (think there was a six dayer in there) cruises out of Long Beach and San Diego.

Our per diem cost is much higher out here. I know some cruises we paid more for a 4 day than we could have paid for a 7 day out of Florida. Apples to Apples.

When the program changed I had over 75 days.

eBay and identity theft. Remind me to allow you in front of me sir when boarding. Please it's carnival platinum lets don't start like another board where every post starts.....well I'm d plus and they didn't powder my bottom :)

I took 2 ex wife's and in laws! Earned the rest solo paying double.

I dont get your first comment about ebay.

But I forgot about solo. Since about half of mine were solo, I think that means for sure I earned them the hard way. Doesnt Princess? give solo extra loyalty credit for solo cruises?

I dont get your first comment about ebay.

But I forgot about solo. Since about half of mine were solo, I think that means for sure I earned them the hard way. Doesnt Princess? give solo extra loyalty credit for solo cruises?

:cool:About half of mine are solo also Fire!!:o I do think that is the hard way!!:eek::D But love how I did it!!!:p

Is there a *hard* way - when you're cruising? :)

I reached Platinum a couple of years ago, all cruises 5-7 days. Since there's no port too terribly close by, anything less would be almost a waste of time, since I would spend almost as much time traveling as I would on the ship! :D

The easy way!

Lived in Florida during the 2000s. Did a bunch of 3 days 4 days and reached platinum before I knew it. Some of those cruises were solo. Even with solo rate I never paid more than $100 a night. :D

Carnival was a very different product back then.

Made it to ten cruises on 3 & 4 day (think there was a six dayer in there) cruises out of Long Beach and San Diego.

Our per diem cost is much higher out here. I know some cruises we paid more for a 4 day than we could have paid for a 7 day out of Florida. Apples to Apples.

When the program changed I had over 75 days.

I second this statement. We too live on the best coast, whoops, I mean the west coast :D and although we made platinum by mostly 5 day and under cruises the cost of those cruises were sometimes as much if not more than our 7+ night out of Florida.

Since I will be turning platinum in September, I can tell you how I will reach Platinum. And that is the fun way! Not easy or hard, just 10 fantastic cruises. The breakdown will be...

3 day - 1

4 day - 2

5 day - 3

7 day - 4

for a total of 54 fun days at sea.

By the end of 2013 I will have completed 11 cruises. Making me platinum on my b2b sailing in Oct/Nov

3 day- 2, Sensation, Sensation

4 day- 1, Elation

5 day- 3, Triumph, Fascination, Ecstasy

6 day- 1 Conquest

7 day- 4 Magic, Conquest, Conquest, Sunshine

I reached platinum in 2006 after 10 cruises that equaled 48 days sailed.

After becoming Platinum I've had 15 more cruises equaling 60 days sailed, for a total of 108 days sailed so far.

So I suppose I reached platinum the "easy" way if you are only counting number of cruises But as another poster said, its certainly not the 'cheapest' because the 3 night cruises out of Los Angeles sometimes cost as much as some 4/5/6/7 day cruises out of Florida. But, regardless, I would still be platinum under the new 75 day requirement as I already have a total of 108 days sailed and will have 19 more before the cut-off point.

Archived