Pre-purchasing tickets to Topkapi Palace and Hagia Sophia

We are going to DIY in Istanbul in June and I want to pre-purchase tickets to the sites that I can.

When I look at the MUZE site, it does not seem that you can enter a time on the tickets so my question is, are the tickets good for anytime? You just show up with your printed ticket and go to the front of the line and enter the Hagia Sophia or Topkapi Palace?

Or am I missing something and I should be entering the time that I plan on getting to these places?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, I did a search and didn't see anything.

Thanks.

We are going to DIY in Istanbul in June and I want to pre-purchase tickets to the sites that I can.

When I look at the MUZE site, it does not seem that you can enter a time on the tickets so my question is, are the tickets good for anytime? You just show up with your printed ticket and go to the front of the line and enter the Hagia Sophia or Topkapi Palace?

Or am I missing something and I should be entering the time that I plan on getting to these places?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, I did a search and didn't see anything.

Thanks.

I don't believe you are required to show up at a specific time. However, I'm sure someone more experienced will chime in.

Have you seen this thread concerning touring Istanbul on your own?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1687095

It's VERY good, has lots of helpful information and great pictures also. If you look at post #3 you will see his reference to buying tickets in advance to Hagia Sophia.

We were in Istanbul in 2010 and really enjoyed it. We took a private tour with some fellow Cruise Critic roll callers. We'll be there again in October 2014 and plan on a DIY adventure this time. It looks to be very easy.

Have a Great Vacation!!

Thanks.

The admission tickets are not timed.

The advantage you get by purchasing online is that you won't have to wait at the sometimes backed-up ticket kiosk to purchase your tickets when you get to the site.

There usually isn't a line (or not much of one) to actually get inside.

Thanks!

And yes, I've seen that review. It is really great.

We are there for a day and a half so we might do our shopping on the 2nd morning and go to the mosques, museum, cistern etc on the first.

At least that is the plan now.

Thanks!

We are there for a day and a half so we might do our shopping on the 2nd morning and go to the mosques, museum, cistern etc on the first.

And it's a fine plan :D Make sure you have 15 TL pp on you if you want to go into the Harem as you can't buy tickets for that from the MUZE site. Topkapi Palace

Thanks!

And it's a fine plan :D Make sure you have 15 TL pp on you if you want to go into the Harem as you can't buy tickets for that from the MUZE site. Topkapi Palace

Hagia Sophia

All the best, Tony

Actually they must have changed the system since you last used it because now you can buy the Harem tickets online

http://www.muze.gov.tr/harem-en

They list it on the site above and then when you select tickets/cards it lists "topkapi palace harem" as one of the options, for 15TL each.

So I bought Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and Harem, for 2 of us total price 130TL if we were going to be there just a little bit longer and would have time to go to one more museum (Basiilca Cistern is not included) then I would have purchased the museum card but that is 72TL a person and I didn't think we'd be going to any of the other museums.

Now, for sure we won't!

Actually they must have changed the system since you last used it because now you can buy the Harem tickets online

They list it on the site above and then when you select tickets/cards it lists "topkapi palace harem" as one of the options, for 15TL each.

!

Thanks the update ,

The Topkapi Palace and Harem was one of our favorite sites in istanbul, hope you enjoy it as much as we did. It has a very diverse collection of items.

I wonder how long you have been able to get tickets online, I don't recall that option in 2010 when we went but maybe I just missed it. i will say the line was not long at all to get tickets.

So I bought Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and Harem, for 2 of us total price 130TL if we were going to be there just a little bit longer and would have time to go to one more museum (Basiilca Cistern is not included) then I would have purchased the museum card but that is 72TL a person and I didn't think we'd be going to any of the other museums.

Now, for sure we won't!

Glad I came across this thread, it has provided me with a good amount to read and get my head around, not sure if we want to do Istanbul as a Organised Trip or DIY little bit concerned of getting lost etc

like yourself I have looked at pre purchasing tickets, fabulous idea and I presume you can just wander to the front of any Queue? I also want to do the Basilica Cisterns, any ideas the cost for entry and in what order these venues should be visited ?

What would we do without internet eh lol

arrive at Port Buy a Map and get on with it:D

I don't believe you are required to show up at a specific time. However, I'm sure someone more experienced will chime in.

Have you seen this thread concerning touring Istanbul on your own?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1687095

It's VERY good, has lots of helpful information and great pictures also. If you look at post #3 you will see his reference to buying tickets in advance to Hagia Sophia.

We were in Istanbul in 2010 and really enjoyed it. We took a private tour with some fellow Cruise Critic roll callers. We'll be there again in October 2014 and plan on a DIY adventure this time. It looks to be very easy.

Have a Great Vacation!!

Thank you for link to this thread

I had read some of it before but had forgotten how and where

What part of the site is it actually on incase I loose it again:)

Thank you for link to this thread

I had read some of it before but had forgotten how and where

What part of the site is it actually on incase I loose it again:)

It's part of this board, "Other Mediterranean Ports". You can bookmark the thread (i.e. make it a "favorites") like any other website so it will be easy to find in the future.

Also, once you are on the thread you can go to the top of any page, click on "Thread Tools" (upper right side) and then click on "Subscribe to this thread". Then click on "Notification Type" and you can select to be notified by email whenever someone adds to the thread. You can choose to be notified immediately, daily or weekly. The last two options will provide a list of all the updates since your last notification.

It's part of this board, "Other Mediterranean Ports". You can bookmark the thread (i.e. make it a "favorites") like any other website so it will be easy to find in the future.

Also, once you are on the thread you can go to the top of any page, click on "Thread Tools" (upper right side) and then click on "Subscribe to this thread". Then click on "Notification Type" and you can select to be notified by email whenever someone adds to the thread. You can choose to be notified immediately, daily or weekly. The last two options will provide a list of all the updates since your last notification.

Thank you Michael

When I go to thread tools and click on it this brings up 3 options but not 'subscribe to this thread'

I wonder because I have commented within the thread if this automatically subscribes me?

Thank you Michael

When I go to thread tools and click on it this brings up 3 options but not 'subscribe to this thread'

I wonder because I have commented within the thread if this automatically subscribes me?

That's strange. When I click on "Thread Tools" the drop down has three options:

Show Printable Version

Email This Page

Subscribe to This Thread

What options are you seeing? You won't be subscribed to a thread just by commenting on it.

That's strange. When I click on "Thread Tools" the drop down has three options:

Show Printable Version

Email This Page

Subscribe to This Thread

What options are you seeing? You won't be subscribed to a thread just by commenting on it.

Exactly as your seeing but last is unsubscribe to this thread...strange

When I check user CP it is also in there as a thread along with others I have commented In:confused:

Oh well at least I can see it

Glad I came across this thread, it has provided me with a good amount to read and get my head around, not sure if we want to do Istanbul as a Organised Trip or DIY little bit concerned of getting lost etc

like yourself I have looked at pre purchasing tickets, fabulous idea and I presume you can just wander to the front of any Queue? I also want to do the Basilica Cisterns, any ideas the cost for entry and in what order these venues should be visited ?

What would we do without internet eh lol

arrive at Port Buy a Map and get on with it:D

We purchased our Hagia Sophia tickets online, when we arrived, we went right in. There was a long line for buying tickets. Then we went up to the Blue Mosque, but it was closed from 12 noon til 2, but actually opened up again at 1:30. So we went across the street to the Cistern, no TL, we only had Euros, its only $10 TL, and they directed us to a currency exchange about a 5 minute walk away, and got TL. The restaurant and gift shops in the Cistern take Euros, but not for admission. We spent about 1-2 hours in Hagia, about 30 minutes in the BM, and about 25 minutes in the Cistern. :)

We purchased our Hagia Sophia tickets online, when we arrived, we went right in. There was a long line for buying tickets. Then we went up to the Blue Mosque, but it was closed from 12 noon til 2, but actually opened up again at 1:30. So we went across the street to the Cistern, no TL, we only had Euros, its only $10 TL, and they directed us to a currency exchange about a 5 minute walk away, and got TL. The restaurant and gift shops in the Cistern take Euros, but not for admission. We spent about 1-2 hours in Hagia, about 30 minutes in the BM, and about 25 minutes in the Cistern. :)

Fab thank you

I have also looked at pre purchasing with the view that it will save time Hagia Sophia & Topkapi Palace, did you visit Grand Bazaar or Spice Markets, what about trams? Did you use?

Plenty advice to visit Topkapi first before it gets too busy

Exactly as your seeing but last is unsubscribe to this thread...strange

When I check user CP it is also in there as a thread along with others I have commented In:confused:

Oh well at least I can see it

That means you are already subscribed!! :) Make sure you are subscribed to receive email notifications. You might want to unsubscribe and then re-subscribe to make sure all the settings are correct.

That means you are already subscribed!! :) Make sure you are subscribed to receive email notifications. You might want to unsubscribe and then re-subscribe to make sure all the settings are correct.

Can only lead me to one answer

When you comment on a topic it automatically subscribes you to it:confused:

Thanks for your help

Not unsubscribing Michael I might loose it again lol

Thanks for adding tips on how to be notified of any new posts to a thread. I didn't know they existed and really want to follow the thread listed above.

I am looking to purchase tickets on-line for anything I can, so that we can skip any lines that will eat up our time at the desired destination.

I too, located the MUZE site and am purchasing using this resource. It can be a money saver when placed against taking a tour and a time saver, why not do it now to maximize our enjoyment later.

• 3 weeks later...

Now, for sure we won't!

Hi

How did you get on with pre purchased tickets, was it straightforward in their use once at sites?

Once you make sure the site is set on English it is very user friendly! I have my tickets for Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace including additional entrance to the Harem. I just wish each city were are readily available online.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Once you make sure the site is set on English it is very user friendly! I have my tickets for Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace including additional entrance to the Harem. I just wish each city were are readily available online.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hello

I was able to get onto the site a few weeks ago and see purchase for tickets

This is not possible now, just takes me back to start

I am questioning if the selling of tickets has stopped at present due to the disruptions:confused: