Considering a Celebrity Cruise

Yvonne

One of the main reasons my husband and I are considering a Celebrity cruise is because I have heard they do not allow smoking on the balconies, is this true?

Also, if they don't permit smoking on the balconies do people do it anyway?

I love spending time on our balcony, and don't enjoy smelling smoke. It doesn't "ruin" my cruise, but I just don't like it, it's that simple.

Our most recent cruises have been on Carnival (we have also cruised with Royal Caribbean and Disney) and since they stopped allowing people to smoke inside the staterooms more smokers are booking balconies so they can smoke on them. :( So, for that reason, and the fact that we feel the food on Carnival is not as good as it used to be, and we feel the shows and lounge entertainment aren't as good as they used to be either, we are thinking about trying out other lines.

One of the main reasons my husband and I are considering a Celebrity cruise is because I have heard they do not allow smoking on the balconies, is this true?

Also, if they don't permit smoking on the balconies do people do it anyway?

I love spending time on our balcony, and don't enjoy smelling smoke. It doesn't "ruin" my cruise, but I just don't like it, it's that simple.

Our most recent cruises have been on Carnival (we have also cruised with Royal Caribbean and Disney) and since they stopped allowing people to smoke inside the staterooms more smokers are booking balconies so they can smoke on them. :( So, for that reason, and the fact that we feel the food on Carnival is not as good as it used to be, and we feel the shows and lounge entertainment isn't as good as it used to be either, we are thinking about trying out other lines.

Simples: Report them to Guest Relations and they will be invited to leave the ship at the next port (Disembarked) - It is against the Law of the Ship

Book and enjoy

This was one of my husband's main concerns when we booked our first cruise together, and I'm happy to say that smoke was NEVER a problem on Equinox. A couple of our fellow cruisers commented that they had neighbors smoking on the balcony, but that after they reported it one time the problem was fixed. It's a great policy and we'll probably continue to choose X until other lines follow suit. I believe Princess has recently changed their policy to disallow smoking on balconies, so we'll be able to consider them for our cruising needs going forward.

We have only had an issue once on X with people smoking on their bacony. We were downwind and they were smoking cigars, so it was especially annoying. We called guest relations, who send security to our cabin, and the security guard caught them red handed when she went out on our balcony and saw them (our balcony stuck out a little farther than their's did, so the security guard had a full view of them smoking). They were issued a formal letter and told not to do it again, or they would be fined and possibly removed from the ship.

Archived