What are the odds of cooking classes?

darlacat

Hello. We're taking our first ever cruise in August (7N - Western Carribean) and are looking forward to it.

I would like to know more about onboard activities - I understand that there may be cooking classes, scavenger hunts, bingo, dance lessons etc. and I'd like to know what else there is that we may experience, (understanding that every cruise is different and there is no guarantee of any particular on board activity).

I'm really hoping there will be a cooking class - are the odds of this happening good? Are they offered a lot?

I'd be pleased to learn of anyone's experiences with the various activities that are offered - thanks in advance!

Hello. We're taking our first ever cruise in August (7N - Western Carribean) and are looking forward to it.

I would like to know more about onboard activities - I understand that there may be cooking classes, scavenger hunts, bingo, dance lessons etc. and I'd like to know what else there is that we may experience, (understanding that every cruise is different and there is no guarantee of any particular on board activity).

I'm really hoping there will be a cooking class - are the odds of this happening good? Are they offered a lot?

I'd be pleased to learn of anyone's experiences with the various activities that are offered - thanks in advance!

I'm not aware of any actual cooking classes on Carnival. If the ship has a Steakhouse sometimes they will have a cooking demonstration with samples but that's about it.

There is the Behind the Fun tour which costs money and only has limited availability and many find that interesting.

Lots of Trivia, Corn Hole, Mini-Golf, Bingo and Karaoke. Some line dance type lessons up on the Lido deck. Also Ice Carving demonstration is up there.

Better cruise with Holland America or Celebrity if you're interested in actual cooking classes.

I second the idea of a cooking class in Cozumel, we have done them twice. Once through the cruise-line we were on at the time (Disney) and then again directly through Mr. Sanchos, such a blast both times!!! I have read great things about Josefina's as well!

This is a great site - you guys are all so very helpful and informative. That Chef's Table sounds to die for and the Cozumel class sounds fantastic, (love Mexican food). Also really appreciate the link to the activities listing - really gives me a sense of to expect and I am so excited!

I went to a cooking demonstration on the Miracle, and it was very good. The chefs prepared several dishes, gave out recipes, and we sampled what they prepared. Even DH enjoyed it, especially the tasting at the end. The same cruise also had several craft classes that were fun. We decorated sun visors one day, and I've forgotten the other crafts...maybe bracelets? The crafts were easy and simple, young children weren't allowed to participate, and Carnival supplied all of the materials. I enjoyed both activities

I second the idea of a cooking class in Cozumel, we have done them twice. Once through the cruise-line we were on at the time (Disney) and then again directly through Mr. Sanchos, such a blast both times!!! I have read great things about Josefina's as well!

Playa Mia also has an excellent cooking class.

Archived