last minute steakhouse reservations?

apey9995

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with trying to make steakhouse reservations once on board? Are they usually sold out by that time, or is it still possible to get them? My husband and I would really like to go one night, but we are cruising with our two small children for the first time, so it really just depends on whether or not they like camp carnival and are willing to hang out while we do a late dinner.

We booked last week on the Pride when we were on board. We didn't do it right away so we had to just take a day and time they still had available and it was also a group of 8 which does make it harder to fit in but it can be done especially if you are flexible.

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with trying to make steakhouse reservations once on board? Are they usually sold out by that time, or is it still possible to get them? My husband and I would really like to go one night, but we are cruising with our two small children for the first time, so it really just depends on whether or not they like camp carnival and are willing to hang out while we do a late dinner.

People's plans change and they cancel reservations during the cruise. If there's nothing available when you're ready to reserve, keep trying and checking in with their Maitre D for available times.

Hello everyone,

We have never reserved beforehand. We've booked the Steakhouse 11 times on different cruises and only had one time where we couldn't get the time we requested, and had to go an hour earlier.

We are in the same boat (forgive the pun!!) and have two small kiddies (4&6). I have made a booking for mid cruise but if they haven't taken to camp carnival I will cancel. My advice, book now and be guaranteed a reservation and if all else fails just cancel. Remember to give at least 24 hours cancellation notice period.

If you find that this is not the way to go and you go to the steakhouse on your chosen night on spec remember you can always eat at the bar in the steakhouse if you wish.

We've always made them same day once we are on board. If you are willing to eat on the early side (like before 6:30), you will probably have the place pretty much to yourself. We ate at 6:00 last year, and there was only one other table occupied. It didn't start filling up until about 7:00.

We eat in the steakhouse often, since they. Hanged the menue's a while back we now find ourselves eating 2 or 3 times in a seven day Cruise

We like eating around 8 pm and have never pre booked

The most we have encountered is eating at 830

Not sure if eating at a later time has anything to do with it

Hopes this helps

We have never reserved beforehand. We've booked the Steakhouse 11 times on different cruises and only had one time where we couldn't get the time we requested, and had to go an hour earlier.

That HAD been our experience - until we were on the Breeze in February. That Steakhouse is so much smaller - there are fewer "slots" available. We had a tough time finding even a single night to go much less a second or third which is typical for us!

Won't try it again on the Breeze without booking ahead. We can always cancel it.... :cool:

Agreed about Breeze. Smaller steakhouse and more passengers = hard to get in. The good thing about being Platinum is that it moves you to the top of the waiting list when they are booked up. I've gotten in every night I wanted to when I pulled the Platinum card. Same thing in the Italian place. Got in by pulling the Platinum card.

Agreed about Breeze. Smaller steakhouse and more passengers = hard to get in. The good thing about being Platinum is that it moves you to the top of the waiting list when they are booked up. I've gotten in every night I wanted to when I pulled the Platinum card. Same thing in the Italian place. Got in by pulling the Platinum card.

Platinum didn't help us! We're we're on the waiting list by 1:30 pm embarkation day and never heard a word from them.

We even stopped twice - during the week - to check on possible cancellations. Made NO difference!!

:/

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Platinum didn't help us! We're we're on the waiting list by 1:30 pm embarkation day and never heard a word from them.

We even stopped twice - during the week - to check on possible cancellations. Made NO difference!!

:eek: What is that??!?!?! Ok - it SHOULD say We were on.....!

Sorry :o

Same here.

We were on Glory and Platinum did not mean squat.

Wow....and the Glory probably has twice the seating space of the Breeze! :/

This was during the H1N1 thing. Our route was changed from Western to Eastern.

I had previously made a reservation but wanted to change it due to the itinerary change. I thought it would be no big deal since we were Platinum.

I was on the ship around 11-ish. Went straight to the reservation table in the lobby and was told they were all booked up.

I pulled the Platinum card and they looked at me like I was nuts. And this was back when reservations were supposed to be guaranteed and not just priority.

We couldn't even get on the waiting list.

I didn't believe they were all booked for the week on embark day. I still don't believe it.

Oh well...no Steakhouse for us that week.

Well, I made my reservations on the "Breeze" for the steakhouse, but then read my list of "perks" for being "Diamond", and found out that they do indeed GUARANTEE steakhouse reservations for diamond members. That's O.K., as I made my request, so I won't sweat it. Thanks for the info anyway....;)

"SKY"

Thanks guys! I didn't realize that you don't pay for the reservations up front, which makes sense so that you can add gratuity, wine, etc. Anyways, I went ahead and made them (being optimistic here!) and if for some reason it doesn't work out I figure I can cancel them. Thanks for all the input!

Archived