Wot! no more chocolates

On our first RCCL cruise 8 years ago we saved the chocolates every day. On the last day we left them there never having eaten one. I guess we didn't miss them then and haven't since. Don't understand worrying about such little things on a vacation......:rolleyes:

the name of the game is for cruise ships to make $$$$

those chocolates cause $$$

i guess if you really want the chocolates then write to the cruise line

being your own chocolates or stay in a higher category cabin

Had a family member that once came to bed exhausted after a long day. Didn't realize there were chocolates on the pillows, so I'm sure you can imagine how that must have looked the next morning. I'm sure she can't be the only one that has done that...maybe they're also saving house keeping $$ by not having to replace all of the chocolate stained sheets and pillows...

All the different answers are interesting, but that is usually the case. Different people, ships, personnel and experiences on the same issue.

We are on a extended cruise currently, not Oasis or Allure and have 2 chocs every night on each pillow in the bedroom and living room. I guess it could be existing stock if corp discontinued the service. Never not had them to this point on any RCL ship.

Plenty of sweets elsewhere, but still a nice touch.

I really miss the chocolates! On our Hawaii cruise on Princess, they actually had four different types of turn down chocolates they rotated. Considering what we pay for a cruise, the cost of chocolates would be a pretty small percentage. Even if they're $5 a piece, that's still pretty small when you consider the overall cost. I think the chocolates disappeared around the same time the Specialty Restaurants appeared. Remove a "free" item, and replace it with a "fee" item.

Just off the Oasis today...chocolates on 2 formal nights only. Towel animals 3 times. I even wrote our cabin steward a post-it thank you note for the chocolates, hoping he would take the hint and leave them every night LOL

...but nope. He was a rule-follower to the hilt on everything...he would have gotten a really nice extra tip from us had he bent the rules a little in the name of customer service. But oh well, his loss.

Archived