Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

Hi Sarge: Looks like you were able to get a mini-fridge added to your cabin. What did have to do to make that happen?

Thanks for the great info. and photos.

DSC_9179_Zyde.jpg

Mini fridges are limited now? I had one on my Liberty cruise in an inside room the other year. I understand cutbacks but taking away minifridges now?

Mini fridges are limited now? I had one on my Liberty cruise in an inside room the other year. I understand cutbacks but taking away minifridges now?

There are no 'fridges' as a standard item in the rooms (except for suites) on this ship - so if you need one you have to ask for me (e.g. medical requirements, etc).... unlike other ships where the fridges are a standard amenity!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your "Live From" !!!

I really can't believe how great the ship looks and all the new additions! I did not think I would want to sail this ship but I am re-thinking that for sure! Looks like they added the best of the Breeze and then some more.

It will be interesting to hear reports about the Serenity Deck when she sails from the states to the Caribbean. I don't think Med sailings really contribute to spending a lot of time lounging on the Serenity Deck so I think we will get a better "feel" for the atmosphere from people who trans-Atlantic and after.

We are on the 16th June sailing.

Where in Scotland are you?

We are on the June 16th cruise too - hope this is okay as we are from the other side of Hadrian's Wall South of the Border - So looking forward to it - see you on board :D

It's the older ships that don't have minifridges in every room. The Sunshine (aka Destiny) was built in 1996. At that time, ships being built only had fridges in the suites. I can't remember about Spirit class, but Conquest class (including Liberty) & later ships have them in every room.

There are no 'fridges' as a standard item in the rooms (except for suites) on this ship - so if you need one you have to ask for me (e.g. medical requirements, etc).... unlike other ships where the fridges are a standard amenity!

Well it said earlier in this thread that there was, it just depends what deck you are on. As i remember it, its the newer cabins that actually have a fridge as standard. We are on deck 5 and expecting a fridge.

It's the older ships that don't have minifridges in every room. The Sunshine (aka Destiny) was built in 1996. At that time, ships being built only had fridges in the suites. I can't remember about Spirit class, but Conquest class (including Liberty) & later ships have them in every room.

Spirit class (Conquest and Dream classes) and newer have the Mini fridges.

jumping around

DSC_7433_Zyde.jpg

I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't put the submerged loungers in the serenity pool area like they showed in the artist's rendition. I thought that looked like heaven and would be where I spent my time if I were on this ship.

carnival-sunshine-serenity-deck-rendering.jpg

Maggie

I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't put the submerged loungers in the serenity pool area like they showed in the artist's rendition. I thought that looked like heaven and would be where I spent my time if I were on this ship.

Maggie

Yesterday was the first time I noticed people in the pool. It has been too cool. Perhaps in the Caribbean.

Do you remember the name of the furniture store in Sorrento? Do they ship to states and how were the prices?

BTW, the food looks amazing on the cruise! We leave tomorrow for Barcelona for the next cruise on the Sunshine! So excited and love seeing your pictures everyday, thank you.

Maggie

It also looks to me to be quite a bit smaller compared to the artist's rendition. And the waterfall extends out further as well :eek:

Do you remember the name of the furniture store in Sorrento? Do they ship to states and how were the prices?

BTW, the food looks amazing on the cruise! We leave tomorrow for Barcelona for the next cruise on the Sunshine! So excited and love seeing your pictures everyday, thank you.

Think you are referring to Cuomo-Luckys in Sorrento. They have exquisite inlaid wood items from music boxes to pool tables and everything inbetween. You can google them for their website info.

Archived