Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

It will be interesting to hear reports about the Serenity Deck when she sails from the states to the Caribbean. I don't think Med sailings really contribute to spending a lot of time lounging on the Serenity Deck so I think we will get a better "feel" for the atmosphere from people who trans-Atlantic and after.

THIS is what I am waiting on. I just don't see how the Serenity can be any way, shape or form "serene" that close to the LOUD music they play at the Lido main pool.

Questions for Sarge:

1) so did you ever manage to get a 'seadog'? Is it even open?

2) Not sure how many sea days - but can you please advise where tea time is being held on the sunshine?

Thanks! :)

It also looks to me to be quite a bit smaller compared to the artist's rendition. And the waterfall extends out further as well :eek:

Not only extends out. It looks like it was supposed to be a full wall of water. All that falling water in the middle of the pool becomes annoying based on other pools I've been in with this.

I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't put the submerged loungers in the serenity pool area like they showed in the artist's rendition. I thought that looked like heaven and would be where I spent my time if I were on this ship.

... that's how I felt about the hammocks they showed... :(

Questions for Sarge:

1) so did you ever manage to get a 'seadog'? Is it even open?

2) Not sure how many sea days - but can you please advise where tea time is being held on the sunshine?

Thanks! :)

Sarge said earlier that seadog is only open on sea days and they haven't had a sea day yet.

Everywhere looks empty. Was the ship at its full capacity? Or are people spread out between the different activities?

My guess would be...

they are in port and most passengers are on excursions.

Ernie

Yesterday was the first time I noticed people in the pool. It has been too cool. Perhaps in the Caribbean.

I'm pretty sure by July/August there will be people in the pool in the Mediterranean too. We're on the 18th August cruise too (Emma) and I'd be amazed/appalled if they don't have the main lido pool working by then.

I think the weather has been unseasonably bad down there for May, unluckily for you Schultz. I was working in Barcelona in March and it was 20 degrees and sunny then.

Oh I really hope so as my son is looking forward to going swimming as he has not been able to for the last 3 years due to his Hickman line and this is all he is speaking about going swimming. this is a holiday we promised him and want it to be a one to remember for him :)

Any comments about the piano bar entertainer yet?

I was on the inaugural cruise and the guy in the piano bar is only temporary, but he was very very good. Don't know who the permanent player will be.

I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't put the submerged loungers in the serenity pool area like they showed in the artist's rendition. I thought that looked like heaven and would be where I spent my time if I were on this ship.

carnival-sunshine-serenity-deck-rendering.jpg

Maggie

The fountain isn't wide like it is in this picture... it really doesnt look like that great of a fountain to me...

Do you remember the name of the furniture store in Sorrento? Do they ship to states and how were the prices?

BTW, the food looks amazing on the cruise! We leave tomorrow for Barcelona for the next cruise on the Sunshine! So excited and love seeing your pictures everyday, thank you.

I don't shop, so no idea if prices were good or not, however, since it was the meeting point for the tour and they allowed us to use the facilities (and gave a sales talk which I walked out of), I would guess their prices are tourist prices.

The fountain isn't wide like it is in this picture... it really doesnt look like that great of a fountain to me...

I wonder if it turned out to be impractical in real life. With the wind and all, maybe a fountain that wide would turn out to be a soaking debacle for everyone near it.

I was wondering about access to the pools. They seem to be ladder access with no shallow areas?

Wondering about those with more limited mobility gettting in & out The artist renderings with loungers would be perfect for someone wanting to get into some H2O but has some difficulties getting around.

Archived