Jacksonville

charw20

Just looking for any tips on cruising out of Jacksonville. We will arrive in by airplane around 930 am. Any tips on coming or leaving would be awesome! What we should expect, first time cruising and flying with all 4 of our children.

Just looking for any tips on cruising out of Jacksonville. We will arrive in by airplane around 930 am. Any tips on coming or leaving would be awesome! What we should expect, first time cruising and flying with all 4 of our children.

You can just grab a cab and go right to the port.....it's only about 10 miles away. Very easy port to leave from!

We just returned from our 4th trip on the Fascination.....you are going to have a great time!!!!!!

I second what GTO-girl said. If you are arriving at 9:30,by the time you get luggage and a shuttle to the port,you will be able to board. Easy airport and port to get around.Have a great trip.

Cruising out of Jacksonville in July. We will be driving. Looking for a place to stay one night where we can leave the car. See cruise packages for Holiday Inn and for Candlewood Suites. Anyone stayed at either?

Driving from Orlando to Jacksonville and wanted a place for lunch. Anyone been to Clark's Fish Camp? Looks like something kids would enjoy and we'll have two with us in the 6-8 year old range.

Will you be cruising this summer? If not, do you live in an area where there could be snow on the day you are flying out? If so, I'd really advise you to fly in a day ahead. I booked a flight in March that had me arriving at the port city just before noon and a massive storm came in the day before. That was way too much stress to take before a vacation we'd looked forward to for months! We were lucky that the storm hit just south of the port and we made it okay but I sure recommend flying in the day before a cruise. Even in summer, there could be a lightening storm and the flight won't depart or can't land where you are going and could be delayed.

Yes, it is in June. I am very worried about flying in the day of. I have always flew in the day before but with my husbands work schedule, we have no other choice...:eek:

Cruising out of Jacksonville in July. We will be driving. Looking for a place to stay one night where we can leave the car. See cruise packages for Holiday Inn and for Candlewood Suites. Anyone stayed at either?

Driving from Orlando to Jacksonville and wanted a place for lunch. Anyone been to Clark's Fish Camp? Looks like something kids would enjoy and we'll have two with us in the 6-8 year old range.

We did Clarks our last cruise, We loved it there. Food was great. Lots of cool stuff hanging all over..Almost like a Rainforest Café theme.

WE stayed at Embassy suites, The morning hot breakfast buffet is great with cooked to order omelets also. Really nice place for sure. They have packages for stay and park..BUT we found just staying 1 night and parking at Park and Cruise outside Port gate was cheaper and fast to board. For family of 4, WE found most places charged extra for a 3rd or 4th person for the hotel shuttles. Here we stayed at a great place(Embassy) and parked just as cheap or cheaper then any Sleep and Cruise package. When we booked Embassy we found best online deal then called direct and they matched price. We paid $79.99 a night and $40 for port park and ride..Shuttle ride is about 2 minutes in and they have about 6 shuttles running non stop till all are in and out.

http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/embassy-suites-jacksonville-baymeadows-JAXJAES/index.html

We did Clarks our last cruise, We loved it there. Food was great. Lots of cool stuff hanging all over..Almost like a Rainforest Café theme.

WE stayed at Embassy suites, The morning hot breakfast buffet is great with cooked to order omelets also. Really nice place for sure. They have packages for stay and park..BUT we found just staying 1 night and parking at Park and Cruise outside Port gate was cheaper and fast to board. For family of 4, WE found most places charged extra for a 3rd or 4th person for the hotel shuttles. Here we stayed at a great place(Embassy) and parked just as cheap or cheaper then any Sleep and Cruise package. When we booked Embassy we found best online deal then called direct and they matched price. We paid $79.99 a night and $40 for port park and ride..Shuttle ride is about 2 minutes in and they have about 6 shuttles running non stop till all are in and out.

http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/embassy-suites-jacksonville-baymeadows-JAXJAES/index.html

Hi, I live here and not too far from Embassy Suites:)

Just an FYI, this is not near the port, if that what the OP was looking

for but you did get a great deal!

You went to Clark's? WOW:D....it is a hidden gem....there are even

locals who haven't heard of it...LOL

Did you try to the stuffed mushrooms with primerib??

You said the shuttle was a 2 minute ride? I am not understanding....

This hotel is on the other side of town from the port......at least

a 20 minute ride.

Yea Embassy has great places and this is another of there's that got our two thumbs up.

Clarks, The Embassy had VIP pass for Clarks when I asked about Seafood places near by. The VIP pass they gave us was like a fast pass. We got there and line was LONG for waiting..With pass we got seated in 2 minutes..:D The Prime Rib..Oh heck no we didn't have time to sit for a week to finish that Monster, I think its 3 lbs..Holy Cow that's a big slab of meat...But great price. I knew it was going to be a great place when they were parked 2 blocks away and walking in.

2 Minute ride was from Park and Cruise at Port Gate. We chose not to use Embassy package as it was cheaper to just book a room for 1 night and park outside the port gate. The place outside gate was $40 and behind a fenced in lot. The stay at Embassy was great. Yes, about 15 minute ride.

Yea Embassy has great places and this is another of there's that got our two thumbs up.

Clarks, The Embassy had VIP pass for Clarks when I asked about Seafood places near by. The VIP pass they gave us was like a fast pass. We got there and line was LONG for waiting..With pass we got seated in 2 minutes..:D The Prime Rib..Oh heck no we didn't have time to sit for a week to finish that Monster, I think its 3 lbs..Holy Cow that's a big slab of meat...But great price. I knew it was going to be a great place when they were parked 2 blocks away and walking in.

2 Minute ride was from Park and Cruise at Port Gate. We chose not to use Embassy package as it was cheaper to just book a room for 1 night and park outside the port gate. The place outside gate was $40 and behind a fenced in lot. The stay at Embassy was great. Yes, about 15 minute ride.

Ohhhh...now I get it:D and yes, the prime rib is GIANT LOL

They have an appetizier of mushrooms that are stuffed with the

prime rib....like one good size chunk stuffed into the mushroom cap.

DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!:)

Archived