TA Prepaid Gratuities...

durberville

Quick question. If our TA is covering our gratuities, will they still appear on our daily tab and be credited at the end of the cruise? Or, will they be paid upfront and not show up at all?

We have traditional dining, so they aren't necessarily paid pre-cruise.

I'm a tad confused on this issue. Thanks for any help! :)

TA prepaid gratuities can be in two forms.

1) they actually prepay the gratuities so you don't see them on your on board statement.

2) they give you the cash equivalent of the gratuities as an OBC, in which case you will see the gratuities each day, but they will effectively be paid by the OBC.

We've had both experiences....

TA prepaid gratuities can be in two forms.

1) they actually prepay the gratuities so you don't see them on your on board statement.

2) they give you the cash equivalent of the gratuities as an OBC, in which case you will see the gratuities each day, but they will effectively be paid by the OBC.

We've had both experiences....

So if I DO see them on my daily statement, I should also see OBC to cover them ....thanks, this clarifies how it works. This is only our 3rd cruise and we've never had tips covered.

If your TA is suppose to be giving you an OBC to cover the cost of your gratuities make sure you check your account to ensure you received it. Unfortunately on our cruise that credit didn't make it to our account. When I call the TA mid week to find out what was happening, they blamed Celebrity. I never did get the OBC but I did receive a refund afterwards from the TA.

Archived