Grace Hotel Sydney

2910car

We will be staying at the Grace hotel in Sydney for four nights prior to our cruise. We have two days of planned sightseeing and then one day on our own. Would like to know if anyone is familiar with the location and if we can walk to anything from there. Thanks for your help.

The Grace is also very close to the Queen Victoria Building - one of the stops on the HO HO Bus route.

http://www.partner.viator.com/en/1074/tours/Sydney/Sydney-and-Bondi-Hop-on-Hop-off-Tour/d0-5010SYDNEY

You can also pick up the green free shuttle bus around the CBD if you tire of walking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Do ask for a room that faces the inner courtyard as the Grace is smack in the middle of town and that can be noisy...

Apart from that, the location cant be beaten. Sydney CBD shopping is just a few blocks away and a previous poster highlighted, dont miss the Queen Vic building.

You can walk to Circular Quay, the Rocks and Opera House. You are also close to Wynyard station if you want to go further afield. Catching the train one stop north to Milsons Point means you will cross the harbour and can get off and walk to the harbour's edge under the bridge which will give you a fantastic view of the bridge, city and Opera House. Its a great place for a picnic lunch and you can buy goodies to eat in Kirribilli, right outside Milsons Point station. There are also lots of cafes and restaurants around Kirribilli.

• 3 weeks later...

We are looking for a restaurant in walking distance to the Grace Hotel that would be good for a group of 30 senior citizens for a dinner the night before we get on the ship. Any suggestions?

I recommend Machiavelli. It is a lovely Italian restuarant that is only about 250 metres from the Grace Hotel so a very easy walk.

However it is only open for dinner Monday - Friday - not sure what day your cruise leaves.

Be sure to book. It is very popular

By Sydney standards it is a reasonable price.

http://www.machiavelli.com.au/menu/

I have eaten at two close by - both at lunch time with work groups. The Bistro at the Grace Hotel does a buffet with a discount I think for hotel guests. In the evening it is seafood - not available or open every night. The other is Sky Phoenix a Chinese restaurant in Westfield. Both were OK for food but not especially cheap - nothing is in the CBD. Both have web sites where you can check prices and you would need to book ahead. Many of the restaurants in the area become after work bars for exiting workers during the week and party venues at the weekend and would not suit a large group.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived