Muir Woods

5fathom

We will be on Oct 12 Cal Coastal cruise. Has anyone taken the Princess Muir Woods Tour ? We know there are many less expensive tours offered in San Francisco. We are do in SF at 7am but reading the boards we see some of the cruises tend to be late arriving do to weather or sea conditions. We hesitate to book a morning independent tour for this reason. How long was the Princess tour and did you feel you had adequate time in the woods ? Thanks for any info.

We did tis same cruise in 2011,2012, and will be on the Oct. 12 in 2013. We did the greyline tour on Muir Woods and Sausalito for alot less than the Princess prices and took it at 2:00 in the after noon.Might want to check it out.

I did this tour a few years ago and enjoyed it. We also stopped at Golden Gate Bridge and Sausalito. We had enough time in the woods, too much time at Sausalito.

We just did it in April....loved the Muir Woods and I agree with too much time in Sausalito. I would have done the greyline version, but it was going to be tight timing getting back to the ship and I felt more comfy on a Princess excursion. As it turned out, we were late getting into port the previous day so they extended our time in SF, so we didn't have to worry about getting back to the ship.....but.....since our time was "adjusted", only folks who had booked the tour(s) in advance were able to do them. Princess couldn't get any more busses for tours....so, we were lucky in that respect....

Do the Princess tour for sure. My sil had a issues trying to do too much in one day and booked 2 tours, one private, one Princess. Because the ship was late getting into port he had to shorten his private to in order to get back in time to do the Princess tour. So yes the ship is sometimes late getting into port. You will want to enjoy Muir Woods(I was born and raised near there) as much as possible. Sausalito is a unique artsy town worth spending time in. Of course everyone MUST see the Golden Gate bridge and if possible walk at least partly on it. So the Princess tour is a great option.

Archived