Healthy Options at the Lido Buffet?

Hi All! I am sailing on the pride on 6/23! Of course I have started my pre-cruise diet lol. I have been on three cruises, but never Carnival. While I plan on relaxing a bit on the cruise.. I was just wondering what kind of healthy options are available at the buffet. Thanks guys!

They have a salad bar and fruit. I never ate at the hot buffet so I can't comment on that. I know the deli has turkey sandwiches......not eat bread maybe. I know in the MDR I generally enjoyed the vegetables served with my dinner. Surely they had the veggies on the buffet. My favorite were the roasted carrots.

Thanks Karen.. I guess if I stick with the salad, fruits, veggies, fish, etc I should be okay... Breakfast is what gets me.. I was wondering if they had an options to get eggwhites or turkey sausage/bacon...

Thanks Karen.. I guess if I stick with the salad, fruits, veggies, fish, etc I should be okay... Breakfast is what gets me.. I was wondering if they had an options to get eggwhites or turkey sausage/bacon...

you can get an egg white omlette or order eggs as you like them.If I were you I would drink that big expensive bottle of water every day thats in your cabin!!! The water(and gym) is what saves me ( I lost almost 100 pounds) good luck

In the MDR there has been chicken sausage for breakfast. I haven't seen it at the buffet.

maybe do breakfast in the MDR....they have turkey bacon....they can make you egg whites....I know in the lido you can do egg whites in the omlet station but i hate that line.....Also they have healthy choices at dinner they are called like spa cuisine...or something like that....those are pretty good....I've been on a diet for like ever!

maybe do breakfast in the MDR....they have turkey bacon....they can make you egg whites....I know in the lido you can do egg whites in the omlet station but i hate that line.....Also they have healthy choices at dinner they are called like spa cuisine...or something like that....those are pretty good....I've been on a diet for like ever!

I love the indian vegetarian dishes too

I find if you make the healthiest choices available you will be okay!! I do save room for the warm chocolate melting cake though. We never, ever take an elevator which helps a lot and we walk and love to dance, a lot, on the cruise which definitely helps! I find there are many options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you go to the buffet for breakfast besides making you an egg white omelet, they have cereal with skim milk, all sorts of yogurts, fruit, etc. Sometime I think it's easier to make healthy choice while ON the cruise and more fun too:)

Wow thanks all! Very good to know.. I also plan on bringing my sneaks to get a few gym days in. I figure... that paired with making mostly good choices should do some damage control! I never really think of the dining room for meals other than dinner.. but that's probably a great option as opposed to the all you can eat laid out in front of me lol.

Wow thanks all! Very good to know.. I also plan on bringing my sneaks to get a few gym days in. I figure... that paired with making mostly good choices should do some damage control! I never really think of the dining room for meals other than dinner.. but that's probably a great option as opposed to the all you can eat laid out in front of me lol.

Pride I think now has brunch not breakfast on sea days, so ordering egg whites and turkey bacon and chicken sausage will only be available on port days.

If you have any doubts regarding what may or may not be "healthful" in the buffet or any dining venue, incluidng the amount of sodium, sugar, types of fats (not all fats are "Bad" and the body does need fat in the diet to be "healthy"), etc. used in the preparation of the food, you may wish to contact the Special Needs Department. Ask them about how to accomodate what ever "diet" has your fancy--kosher,vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free (celiac disease related), low-sodium, low carbs (again a misnomer in dietary needs from your friendly "health" gurus),paleo, etc.. They can assist in having your meals in the MDR prepared to meet your dietary restrictions. And the staff on board will also help you in choosing the "right" things for you.

The turkey bacon and chicken sausage are not that tasty.

Archived