Room 7120 - Jewel of the Seas

I have look all over to find the answer but cannot find it. Does anyone know if this room has a straight down view to the ocean ? Apparently there are some balconys on this deck that do not look straight down to the ocean.

No worries...you will still have a straight out view to the sea! On Radiance class, ALL side balconies can see the lifeboat covers....as they hang from the side of the ship. It's just that on deck 7, you're closer to them. No one (except aft cabins) can avoid seeing the lifeboat covers directly below them.

It's really not the problem you're imagining.

Asuuming the Jewel is the same as the Radiance...there are some side balcony cabins on deck 7 towards the front and back of the ship that are larger than the regular balconies. They do not have the overhang obstruction blocking your view straight down. I stayed in one and LOVED it!

However, they are not exactly 100% private either. The balconies stick out an extra 8 feet or so compared to the regular sized balconies and only have a wooden railing seperating you from your neighbor's balcony for that last 8 feet. The normal partition ends where the other balconies would end. If you hang back near your sliding door, its private but it you lean against the railing, you can look along the side of the ship and see other balconies.

(Note...I did see some very interesting activities taking place on my neighbor's balcony one night.)

Archived