Voyager or Navigator??

I finally have a chance to go on my dream cruise now and am having trouble deciding! My boyfriend and I are going to go on a cruise leaving 12/31 for seven days, and our two top choices are Navigator Eastern and Voyager Western. Navigator pricing on 12/31 is a hundred or so more dollars than the Voyager ship, and we were wondering if that was worth it. Whether the ports are eastern or western is really of no consequence, because neither of us have been to any of the locations. We would get an inside stateroom on Nav. and possibly an oceanview on Voyager for a comparable price. Personally I don't care that much what the stateroom is like because I'm in college and I got through the freshman year dorms :) . Is it worth the extra bucks for a newer ( and more recently drydocked ) boat? Will a first time cruiser not even know the difference anyways? I'm leaning towards Navigator but am really really conflicted!! Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

Just a thought - you mention you are in college - either you or your boyfriend must be at least 25 to book.

Having said that, I personally love Voyager, but either way you will have a fantastic time.

I agree. I'd go Navigator. It's newer than the Voyager, but I think they take pretty good care of all of their ships from what I've read. Having seen many photos on Webshots of the Voyager, and having just cruised on the NOS in May, I like the decor of the NOS better. In fact, I have the NOS booked again for next year. I prefer the eastern too, love the ports.:)

thanks for the input guys!

after going over prices, we found that if we left on jan 2 and did a 6 night on mariner, the price was cut in half! so being frugal got the best of us, but now, we can't wait for our first cruise! booked!

I agree, definitely the Navigator. By the way, gerif, I am not 25 and I had absolutely no trouble booking - the only question asked was if I was at least 21.

Is one of your traveling companions 25? As most of us know, information given out by RCCL is only as good as the employee answering the phone and can vary drastically.

Archived