need suggestion for transportation from LAX to Long Beach

afairbro

I need suggestions for transportation from LAX to Long Beach, the day before the cruise, so I can't use Carnivals shuttle.

We stayed at a hotel in LAX just so we could use the Carnival shuttle, other options were pricey.

the second time we flew into Long Beach instead of LAX which is real easy, a short taxi ride to the port

I need suggestions for transportation from LAX to Long Beach, the day before the cruise, so I can't use Carnivals shuttle.

Super Shuttle or Prime time. It's approx. $17pp. Don't know if prices have changed recently. It has been $17 for a long time now.

You do not need to reserve. When you come out after picking up your luggage, there will be dispatchers outside. They will board you on one of their shuttles which will go around all the terminals picking passengers up until they have a full shuttle. They may drop people off along the way or you may be first. it all depends where everyone is going.

Super Shuttle or Prime time. It's approx. $17pp. Don't know if prices have changed recently. It has been $17 for a long time now.

You do not need to reserve. When you come out after picking up your luggage, there will be dispatchers outside. They will board you on one of their shuttles which will go around all the terminals picking passengers up until they have a full shuttle. They may drop people off along the way or you may be first. it all depends where everyone is going.

Super shuttle still shows $17.00 per person. I think Prime Time is about the same, and offers 10% discount if you book round trip in advance.Both companies are very dependable and flexible if you don't make the reservation time.

I need transportation the other way .. from the ship to LAX.

Do you have to call them ahead of time or find it once you get off the ship?

Im doing the vancouver to long beach cruise this sept.. so only need it one way.

Super Shuttle is very easy. Call and book. You have to pay then. Problem is you may end up wait like 30 to 45 minutes for them once you get your luggage. This was the only problem we had. But will use them again.

Super Shuttle is very easy. Call and book. You have to pay then. Problem is you may end up wait like 30 to 45 minutes for them once you get your luggage. This was the only problem we had. But will use them again.

Im walking off .. I assume you mean if you are getting luggage at the port. confusing.

You call them once you walk off the ship and say Im here, come get me? Im usually one of the first ones off.

I need transportation the other way .. from the ship to LAX.

Do you have to call them ahead of time or find it once you get off the ship?

Im doing the vancouver to long beach cruise this sept.. so only need it one way.

No need to reserve. They will have several shuttles waiting as they know the need is there. It is actually a lot easier getting the shuttle at the port as most people needing one are going to the airport so there are no stops on the way. If there are some wanting yo go to hotels, there will be enough to divvy up the different routes.

For all going to the airport, they will drop you off at your requested terminal.

Super Shuttle is the one we use. Also, if we fly in the day before, we always choose a hotel that will shuttle us to the airport. Best Western Golden Sails in Long Beach will shuttle you to the ship. BTW, when we fly in, I make reservations ahead of time with Super Shuttle. They were already there when we disembarked and we were the only ones on the shuttle, no waiting.

I meant waiting at the airport to go to the hotel.

When we tried using Super Shuttle going back to airport from the port we had to call the company and pay. Then we could use them.

Im walking off .. I assume you mean if you are getting luggage at the port. confusing.

You call them once you walk off the ship and say Im here, come get me? Im usually one of the first ones off.

When you get off the ship, Super Shuttle will have a line of vans there, and they don't hold you to a reservation time. You get on the first van that is going to LAX and when it is full, they head for the airport. Very easy -- no hassle.

Archived