Hiring and taking bikes on Flam train?

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to take bikes on the train up to Merdal and then cycle back down to Flam?

I'm thinking about hiring a couple of bikes for the day to do that - does the train accommodate taking bikes? Has anyone else done this? I would love a few pointers in the right direction. ie Bike hire, price, would I need to book ahead with the train before the day?

Thank you, Jo

Actually you can rent the bikes in Myrdal and leave them in Flam, no need to take them on the train. I reserved them through the cafe at the Mrydal train station for my upcoming cruise

. I don't have their email address with me, I'm traveling away from home this weekend. I'm sure you kind find it by conducting a search on Google.

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to take bikes on the train up to Merdal and then cycle back down to Flam?

I'm thinking about hiring a couple of bikes for the day to do that - does the train accommodate taking bikes? Has anyone else done this? I would love a few pointers in the right direction. ie Bike hire, price, would I need to book ahead with the train before the day?

Thank you, Jo

The cost is aprox $40 to hire bikes from Mydral back to Flam.

We were hoping to do it last week,but there was too much snow on the mountain....we walked back the last 3 km from train to Flam instead.

I have there email at home...i'll post it tomorrow when I get back.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Information on bike hire Myrdal to Flam.

Hallo!

The wether can be very nice in May. But if you can ride the bike depence how much snow it is on the road the first part from Myrdal. If tou call us a week before arriving we will know. It cost Nok. 275.- pro bike with helmet, and the price incl. the return for the bike back to Myrdal. When you arrive Flåm station you just live the bike there.

The café rallaren is in Myrdal station

Email

info@caferallaren.no

Information on bike hire Myrdal to Flam.

Hallo!

The wether can be very nice in May. But if you can ride the bike depence how much snow it is on the road the first part from Myrdal. If tou call us a week before arriving we will know. It cost Nok. 275.- pro bike with helmet, and the price incl. the return for the bike back to Myrdal. When you arrive Flåm station you just live the bike there.

The café rallaren is in Myrdal station

Email

info@caferallaren.no

Thank you Aussie Cruzer, I have been in contact with the Cafe at Myrdal and have arranged to hire a couple of bikes in September.

I hope that the snow will have cleared by then :) Such a shame the snow hadn't quite cleared for your trip. Did you do any other excursions whilst in Flam?

Cheers, Jo

Thank you Aussie Cruzer, I have been in contact with the Cafe at Myrdal and have arranged to hire a couple of bikes in September.

I hope that the snow will have cleared by then :) Such a shame the snow hadn't quite cleared for your trip. Did you do any other excursions whilst in Flam?

Cheers, Jo

We walked the last 3 km of the train back to Flam....the bike ride will be great.

Photos of Flam

NorwayCruise270_zps7566df57.jpg

NorwayCruise279_zps76be7f45.jpg

NorwayCruise282_zpsb16ed39f.jpg

Archived