Cancel cruise

amberdawn85

Hi everyone. We are having to cancel our cruise for now. I understand I lose the 50$ per person charge, does this just disappear or does it go on carnival for future cruise? I know that likely isn't the case. We are hoping to rebook this cruise but can't afford to pay for it before the due date. Husband was hurt on duty so he was put on light duty which eliminated all chance of off duty officer work which is how we were paying for this. Hopefully he will fully heal quickly and we can rebook but it's unlikely :(

If you booked Early Saver you lose $50 and the remainder of your deposit is held for paying a future cruise.

If you booked other rates you get the full deposit back.

All his is predicated on you canceling before final payment is due. If you cancel after that date it depends on how close you are to cruising. You will lose anywhere from your deposit up to your entire fare.

Actually it's $400 charge for canceling. I know this isn't carnival fault but ughhh l

I'm guessing you are booked early saver so they would keep $50pp and the remaining balance of the deposit will be held by Carnival for 24 months towards a future cruise.

This is based on you being booked early saver and before the final payment date.

Bill

If you booked Early Saver you lose $50 and the remainder of your deposit is held for paying a future cruise.

If you booked other rates you get the full deposit back.

All his is predicated on you canceling before final payment is due. If you cancel after that date it depends on how close you are to cruising. You will lose anywhere from your deposit up to your entire fare.

Oh okay, that's not to bad then. Thank you!

Sorry to hear about your husbands injury.. But, NEVER count on off duty work to pay for things until you actually earn it. In other words.. save it, then spend it. I know too many that rely on it now to pay their basic bills, and that is a bad bad thing.

When I had to cancel my ES booked cruise I was told that after the $50 penalty, the remainder of the cruise fare could only be used to pay for a future cruise if I was booking at the same time that I cancelled.

Otherwise the remaining balance would be held an applied to a future cruise as an OBC, not payment toward the future cruise.

OP should double check before she cancels.

When I had to cancel my ES booked cruise I was told that after the $50 penalty, the remainder of the cruise fare could only be used to pay for a future cruise if I was booking at the same time that I cancelled.

Otherwise the remaining balance would be held an applied to a future cruise as an OBC, not payment toward the future cruise.

OP should double check before she cancels.

I think whoever told you that was wrong because I know my ex booked his next cruise and applied the 500 bucks from our cancelled cruise to his balance...he did not book at the same time he cancelled I don't think...I think as long as it's before final payment of the new cruise you can do that. For my Victory cruise I had to apply my 300 I had from a cancel cruise on OBC because we booked it and paid for it a month before the cruise.

Sorry to hear about your husbands injury.. But, NEVER count on off duty work to pay for things until you actually earn it. In other words.. save it, then spend it. I know too many that rely on it now to pay their basic bills, and that is a bad bad thing.

Oh I know. There are a couple of guys who work 2 Ots a week to pay bill. We just use it for vacations and extras... Worst case we don't go on our cruise which is a bummer but we can't complain considering we are taken care of

Archived