SliceofLife's 5/19 Breakaway to Bermuda Review

SliceOfLife

I took a cruise to Bermuda in 1985 with a friend and have been wanting to return. Your review was great. It is on my "bucket list" to return to Bermuda. I have gone to the Caribbean on five ships beginning with the SS Norway.

Hi,

Great review! We board the ship on June 16th, we are very excited. I saw from your review that the dinning rooms are closed, what is is closed? Is it worth spending time on the ship while docked in Bermuda?

Thanks so much.

Great job slice. Thanks for sharing.

I felt cagneys was good but the steak was poor. I also loved the Calamai and the steak at OB but I feel it needed some sides. It was worth the $35 but I would not pay $49.

Thanks SliceOfLife so much for sharing your thoughts and experiences in this great review! I am happy to hear that you felt that it took the best of Epic and improved upon it in some ways. To date Epic has been our favorite cruise and I am sure Breakaway will be even better.

Kind folks like you who are willing to share their experiences help give the rest of us a flavor as to what is to come. Thanks again! :)

Nice detailed review, thanks!

I'm hoping the slow issues in the MDR improve over the next several months. I actually like a little over an hour for dinner as it means I am not being rushed however, 1 hour and 45 minutes is a bit too long....especially if it was just the two of you.:)

Thank you so much for your awesome review!!!!

You answered a lot of questions for me.

My hubby and my 12 year old daughter are scuba dive certified and were considering a dive in Bermuda. ( yes my baby girl who was initially afraid to learn to swim was scuba dive certified at age 11. So proud). I was looking for info on diving. Thanks so much.

I really appreciate you taking your time to help us. Between you, Shaun and Gambee, my cruise for July is looking wonderful. I know what to expect and what not to expect so I can plan accordingly. Thanks again.

What an excellent review, thank you! My husband, adult daughter and I will be sailing on the Breakaway on June 23rd (for our daughter's birthday, which is on the 23rd). I have cruised before, but never to Bermuda, and I am extremely anxious about getting sea sick! I am not sure how I will manage if we have rough 21 foot wave type seas like you just experienced :eek:

Great review, glad to hear they allowed kid up on the deck for fireworks. With seeing the early show, did you ever feel pressed for time with an early dinner. I am not a night owl and I would like to do what you did.

We did feel a bit pressed for time, but we were never late for the shows. I think each time we got to the theater at 6:45pm and there were decent seats left. If you're going to do dinner and an early show make sure you go to Savor right before they open at 5:00pm.

Great review!

A question about the ropes course and jewelry. My wedding ring does not come off. Are you allowed to leave it on?

thanks!

No, everything must come off. I saw people turned away because of jewelry. I think they're worried about two things, one it could get caught on something, and two you can scratch up the slides with it on.

Hi,

Great review! We board the ship on June 16th, we are very excited. I saw from your review that the dinning rooms are closed, what is is closed? Is it worth spending time on the ship while docked in Bermuda?

Thanks so much.

The main dining rooms are closed for lunch while in Bermuda. Your only lunch time options are the Garden Cafe, Uptown Grill, O'Sheehan's and 24/7 pizza.

Yes, it is worth it to spend time on the ship while in Bermuda. The pool deck was mostly empty along with the slides, ropes course, and hot tubs. It's a much more relaxed feel with most of the ship is empty.

Edited by SliceOfLife

I felt cagneys was good but the steak was poor. I also loved the Calamai and the steak at OB but I feel it needed some sides. It was worth the $35 but I would not pay $49.

For $49 I would like to see some side dishes to go with everything.

I agree with Cagney's the appetizers and dessert were amazing but the steaks were not that good. However island2islandfcbc ate at Cagney's later in the week and said it was great.

Thank you very much for a fantastic well written review. Having gone on the Epic myself, I found the comparisons very helpful.

Excellent, I'm glad the comparisons helped you out. I loved the Epic but did feel a bit isolated from the water. The Breakaway greatly improved the connection to the water. I think the pool area is a bit smaller, but there are plenty of lounge chairs all over the place.

Thanks so much for your review! What did your h say about the plank?!? Gulp! Lol. Is it as scary as it seems?

He loved the plank, I think he went about 5 times out on it. He said it wasn't too scary, but you do get a bit of a rush looking 18 decks below into the water!

So the steak at Ocean Blue comes with NO sides???