Fire on Grandeur with major damage

H2OH!

...thirty THOUSAND people die and 100,000 are maimed in car accidents in the US alone every year, and traffic still doesn't seem to get any lighter. :rolleyes:

When you compare the numbers of cruise ship embarkations world wide every year, (not even factoring in the numbers of shipboard workers not included) and compare to the number of fatalities, cruising is the SECOND safest form of travel...after walking. ;)

I seen you dance :eek: , you are lucky you did not hurt yourself :D

You are correct as usual. Rare events make news more frequently than common events. I tend to welcome "panic" as a way of getting better deals on both stock purchases and travel.

'I agree!! bring on lower cruise fares... :D

Again, so glad everyone is safe. By the sounds of it staff did a fantastic job.

...thirty THOUSAND people die and 100,000 are maimed in car accidents in the US alone every year, and traffic still doesn't seem to get any lighter. :rolleyes:

When you compare the numbers of cruise ship embarkations world wide every year, (not even factoring in the numbers of shipboard workers not included) and compare to the number of fatalities, cruising is the SECOND safest form of travel...after walking. ;)

Agree!! Can't wait for my next cruise!! :)

Hard to believe the photo of the damage on the main page of CC. We past the ship while it was in port on Friday in Baltimore as we were driving down to DC. Unbelievable! Thank goodness there were no injuries.

Actually cruising is safer than walking, too....

In 2009, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported that 4,092 pedestrians were killed in crashes with motor vehicles and 59,000 were injured. However, an unknown number of pedestrian crashes requiring emergency room treatment are not included in these reported fatalities and injuries because they did not occur in a public roadway (i.e., crash occurred in a parking lot or driveway).

Actually, I bet statistics would bear out that sitting in my desk chair, reading CC posts and work in the computer, is more likely to result in death than riding on a cruise ship!

[quote name=navyrotorhead;38545425

When you compare the numbers of cruise ship embarkations world wide every year' date=' (not even factoring in the numbers of shipboard workers not included) and compare to the number of fatalities, cruising is the SECOND safest form of travel...after walking. ;)[/quote]

Depends where you're walking..........

;)

plank.jpg.420af394a57f9a4b5b1e7762cd2c1825.jpg

cliff.jpg.29b865593632ab094f87cadc17e041ce.jpg

Actually cruising is safer than walking, too....

In 2009, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported that 4,092 pedestrians were killed in crashes with motor vehicles and 59,000 were injured. However, an unknown number of pedestrian crashes requiring emergency room treatment are not included in these reported fatalities and injuries because they did not occur in a public roadway (i.e., crash occurred in a parking lot or driveway).

Then there is the story about the lady, safely asleep on her own couch, getting hit by a meteor back in 1954 Alabama! :eek:

Depends where you're walking..........

;)

As WELL as what CLOTHES you are WEARING while you're walking! :rolleyes: :D ;)

Archived