Skip Glasgow for 2nd day in Edinburgh?

I can't decide what to do in Glasgow and I keep reading about how wonderful Edinburgh is, so I was wondering if I should skip Glasgow altogether and do a 2nd day in Edinburgh? Just looking for opinions.

If its was me I'd take Keith's suggestion. ;)

As you leave Edinburgh, you'll be saying... "I wish we had more time here."

If you find yourself saying "Why'd I decide to spend another day here?" take the train to Sterling to visit the beautiful castle, or to Linlithgow to visit the beautiful castle ruins.

I have to confess to a certain bias being Edinburgh born and bred. The friendly rivalry between our two cities compells me to concur with previous commenters.

There is more than enough of interest to be found in Edinburgh for two days and it is a very walkable city and easy to navigate.

Undoubtably there are many wonderful places in Glasgow too but it is a bigger more busy city so I think you would probably spend more time getting from one place to another. Ultimately it depends what interests you and how much travelling you want to do in the time you have available.

I'd always taken a dim view of Glasgow before I went there and really enjoyed my visit. Of course, it depends what you want to see, but I am very interested in the Charles Rennie Mackintosh works. I also loved the Burrell Collection too. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to visit a couple of the other excellent art galleries Glasgow has to offer.

The Willow Tea Rooms are also worth a visit, as is the HOHO bus trip. I also like Edinburgh too, but you will have to make the decision.

• 1 month later...

Just got back from another UK visit where we spent time in both cities.

We prefer Edinburgh as we feel more comfortable there as Glasgow does have an edge to it. It has more of a cosmopolitan feel to it. People were better dressed, seem to have more fun and there seemed to have more things to do. The city seemed easier to get around. We always felt comfortable and safe.

It was our second visit in three years.

Archived