Alcoves on a sea day

gonecroozin

Thank you for the tip! Just booked the Alcove for two port days on our Jan 5th Cruise. The price was $99 for port days and $150 for sea days- if you take for the week, you get a 20% discount. But when we were on the reflection, the sea days were so windy that the awning wasn't allowed to be down, so you were in the sun all day- not for us as we like the shade.

For the week - do they count embarkation day as port day or do they start with the first full day? Ours is an 11 day, but its really 3 sea days, 7 port plus embarkation.

For the week - do they count embarkation day as port day or do they start with the first full day? Ours is an 11 day, but its really 3 sea days, 7 port plus embarkation.

No they do not count embarkation day- I do not think you will actually have use of it until the first full day. Call Celebrity, Cruise enhancement department on the phone as I couldn't book on-line, but the agent was able to book for me on the phone. The Silhouette has only 8 Alcoves and I believe the Reflection 10- so you must book as soon as you are able. This is the worse than trying to book a Cabana in Labadee- as Labadee has more cabanas and saves some for suite guests only!

I feel like I won a lottery.

Good luck.

Thanks cruise a holic. I kind of thought that would be the case but wanted to check. I have already one booked for a sea day & was considering adding on the 2nd Istanbul day as port day. I'm working my budget right now, so we'll see since its a lot for 10 days.

• 3 weeks later...

You can book the alcoves further out than 6 months..... I just booked the Reflection Alcoves for March 2014. We were on the Reflection last March (2013) and enjoyed the Alcoves so much, we wanted to book them as early as possible.

You can book the alcoves further out than 6 months..... I just booked the Reflection Alcoves for March 2014. We were on the Reflection last March (2013) and enjoyed the Alcoves so much, we wanted to book them as early as possible.

Thank you for the tip! We were also able to book for our March 2014 cruise ! Without your heads up, I would have waited and perhaps not been able to reserve.

I bet if I had not reserved a while ago for our Jan 2014 we would never have been able to reserve. We also were able to reserve a Cabana by calling Celebrity for Nellies beach in March at Labadee. If you like the Alcove, you will enjoy the Cabanas

I think it would be more appropriate to say you MAY be able to book more than six months in advance as I know that booking for our January 2014 cruise was not available until 6 months out. I started checking 9 months out and it could not be booked, which is odd since that trip is also on the Reflection.

Archived