Category DO - Deluxe Obstructed Oceanview Balcony

I am not sure. I am assuming its obstructed a tab on the left from a lifeboat... I figured it would be one of the least obstructed out of most of them.

I will be in 6560, directly opposite 6160 and I was wondering what the obstruction is as the lifeboats are not below that room.

I will be in 6560, directly opposite 6160 and I was wondering what the obstruction is as the lifeboats are not below that room.

From the looks of one of the renderings it's not showing much of anything blocking it. So I am not real sure. Plus we will be next to a non obstructed room so I am guessing its not going to be bad.

From the looks of one of the renderings it's not showing much of anything blocking it. So I am not real sure. Plus we will be next to a non obstructed room so I am guessing its not going to be bad.

Yes I would have to agree! :) Let's hope we are right!

Is this all on deck 6 or is one deck 5 too? My TA said the excursion desk and photo booths were below deck 6.

We booked 6290. From the deck plan below, I think we are okay. We have a big wall on the side, but by the picture, it looks like a rather large balcony?

We booked 6290. From the deck plan below, I think we are okay. We have a big wall on the side, but by the picture, it looks like a rather large balcony?

Looks larger than others. Take a look at cabins 6162 or 6562 as they are the same size balcony as the one you currently have picked out. Compare your staterooms to one of the rendering and I think 6162 or 6562 might a in a better spot as it'll be only hendered by one versus two lifeboats.

If anyone who booked an obstructed one wants to know what percentage theirs is just shoot me a message I'll try to find it out for you. Not sure if I can if the room is booked but I will try to. We booked one of the obstructed ones on deck 7 forward. Looks like no lifeboat but that we are in those circular cove thingers in the front so I'll be interested to see what that's all about. It was cheaper to book that then it was an inside so I figured what the heck lets check it out. On Carnival I had one of those rooms once with a lifeboat smack dab in front of the window but you paid for a bottom of the boat inside with french doors so it was natural light, air, ocean sounds and you could see a teensy bit around the supports and the water under the lifeboats and it was one of our fav rooms.

Sorry didn't see your post. That definitely looks like a nice balcony to me. It is still on my sailing according RC site. I may have to switch.:)

I'm thinking the obstructions will be similar to on the Solstice class 2C/2D where the top of the lifeboats is even with either the floor of the balcony or rail of the balcony and block water views out and down. When standing you'll still get a water view and will always have a sky vista whether sitting or standing. Just a guess.

• 1 year later...
We just booked the 4/12/15 12 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise. An obstructed balcony (DO) was $150 cheaper than an inside cabin using our Diamond+ $350 balcony discount.

I chose cabin 6272 as it's next to an unobstructed balcony cabin. It should be by the front of a lifeboat as opposed to the rear which is taller.

I've booked this cabin for next month do you have any pics please?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good News - There is no obstruction. If there was, what the hell would be that high up.

Bad News - What deck plan have you looked at? Is it on your booking as obstructed view ie cabin grade DO.

Cabin 11306 is a D2 grade cabin (Dark Sage Green). The colour for that cabin is very close to the colour used for DO grade cabin (Sage Green). This could be where you are seeing it wrong somewhere and getting confused.